Scanning stuff in bulk (1 Viewer)

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
So it turns out most of the UNSW students I talk to don't know much about scanning.

To those who have scanned at the Uni, I've got a reader that's about 300 pages long, that's 300 pages too many for me to be carrying around. I want to PDF this bad boy. What's the go for scanning it?

I've gone on the googles, but can I get like a super high res scan now and then do the postproduction on it later, or what is the go? Do I get the scan emailed to me or on a PDF or what have you?

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
UNSW scanners charge 4c a page, although you have to scan each page manually. You could go to the UNSW PPP print place, although they'd obviously charge more and may not do it as it violates copyright technically.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
UNSW scanners charge 4c a page, although you have to scan each page manually. You could go to the UNSW PPP print place, although they'd obviously charge more and may not do it as it violates copyright technically.
You have to scan manually?

*fuck that*

Buying a scansnap

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Is it easy to scan (i.e. loose A4 paper) which has just been stapled together? Maybe ask someone who works in a company with a work scanner/photocopy machine and an autofeeder to do it for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)