Scholarship query! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hey,

Just wondering if I got a scholarship for a combined degree (e.g. combined economics/eng) at USYD, would it cover both courses or just one of them? Btw, the scholarship was applied for in the engineering faculty. Any insight would be much appreciated :)

Cheers,
l.a.

funkygirl59

HSC
Hey,

Just wondering if I got a scholarship for a combined degree (e.g. combined economics/eng) at USYD, would it cover both courses or just one of them? Btw, the scholarship was applied for in the engineering faculty. Any insight would be much appreciated :)

Cheers,
l.a.
It should cover both. I just got a scholarship to do commerce/law at USYD ($6000 a year) and it's been given to me by the business school (as they manage the first 3 years of the 5 year degree) but it covers my combined degree for its duration + an honours year. Each scholarship is slightly different, but they should cover your combined degree.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Yes, in most cases, the scholarship will cover a combined degree. However, what I suggest you do is that you look up your particular scholarship on the USYD website and read all the information that is available there about that particular scholarship, or peruse any information that was sent to you by the university acknowledging your receiving of the scholarship. Sometimes (and I know in the case of my scholarship) there are terms and conditions documents that are placed online which tell you everything there is to know about your scholarship, what can and can't be done with it, etc. This should give you more insight into the circumstances surrounding your scholarship, but I do know that at UNSW scholarships are not typically offered for combined degrees, so you can only receive a scholarship if you're undertaking a single degree in commerce, engineering etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)