scholarships for all rounders? (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Hey guys, I was just wondering whether there are any scholarships given out for all-rounders at UNSW..

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW offers General Merit Undergraduate Scholarships for Commencing Students, which are not directly targeted at year 12 All-round Achievers, although this type of achievement may be an implied requirement of such scholarships. They consist of:
  • UNSW All-Rounder Scholarship
  • Jillian Segal Scientia Scholarship
The UNSW All-Rounder Scholarship awards $5,000 per annum for the duration of a program (which extends to the university's Doctor of Medicine program). It has been established to recognise student achievement and to encourage students who want to use their academic, leadership and community engagement experience to make a positive contribution to university life. Because of this, applicants are assessed on the following factors:
  • School and community leadership roles
  • Commitment to extra-curricular activities (such as music, sport, debating, leadership programs, community and volunteer work etc)
  • Academic merit and interest in fields of study offered at UNSW
  • Potential to make a positive contribution to university life.
The Jillian Segal Scientia Scholarship awards $12,000 per annum for the duration of a program (also extending to the university's MD program) and was essentially established was established to encourage students who achieve an ATAR score of 99.95 to undertake full-time undergraduate study at UNSW.

In many cases, a 99.95 rank would imply that a student is also an all-rounder. In addition to this, applicants are assessed on the following factors:
  • Leadership skills (school, workplace or community)
  • Extra-curricular activities (sporting, cultural activities, volunteer/work experience)
  • Aptitude and commitment to study at UNSW
I hope this helps! :D

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, I was just wondering whether there are any scholarships given out for all-rounders at UNSW..
Are you referring to like giving scholarships for HSC all-rounders (band 6 or E4 in 10+ units) or just in general like someone who has good marks, leadership skills, extracurriculars and sporting achievements? because they don't specifically offer anything for a student getting the 10+ units band 6s but they do for the 2nd option.

All the scholarships they offer are on this website: https://www.scholarships.unsw.edu.au/

As stated above by Jimmy that's an example of the scholarships they offer that factor in multiple criteria. You can also apply for other ones as well relevant to your degree area (there are quite a few in the sciences and engineering area). There's also some for the academic based ones but even for these you still need to have some leadership and extracurriculars because you still have to submit a general application which asks about those things.

If you are wanting to apply for them I would start getting the application process ready over the next month or so as usually they are due around September time from memory when I applied during my HSC year.

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Are you referring to like giving scholarships for HSC all-rounders (band 6 or E4 in 10+ units) or just in general like someone who has good marks, leadership skills, extracurriculars and sporting achievements? because they don't specifically offer anything for a student getting the 10+ units band 6s but they do for the 2nd option.

All the scholarships they offer are on this website: https://www.scholarships.unsw.edu.au/

As stated above by Jimmy that's an example of the scholarships they offer that factor in multiple criteria. You can also apply for other ones as well relevant to your degree area (there are quite a few in the sciences and engineering area). There's also some for the academic based ones but even for these you still need to have some leadership and extracurriculars because you still have to submit a general application which asks about those things.

If you are wanting to apply for them I would start getting the application process ready over the next month or so as usually they are due around September time from memory when I applied during my HSC year.
Ok. I was kinda referring to both. What should one meet in terms of extracurriculars? Thanks

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok. I was kinda referring to both. What should one meet in terms of extracurriculars? Thanks
Yeah so for getting the band 6s you don't get anything. Other than if you get like the highest ATAR in your school and go UNSW then you get a AAA scholarship (it's like a one off payment of around 4k) or scientia scholarship (99.90+ ATAR and its around 10k per year but only available in some degrees like you can't get it if you do medicine)

The usual stuff like charity work, sports, volunteering, community awards etc. You can have a look once you sign up to that scholarships website cause from memory in the general questions they ask you have like a drop down menu you choose things from

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)