Scholarships (1 Viewer)

04er

HSC
When are we actually meant to receive them? Is there a ceremony or something?

04er

HSC
thaoroxy2001 said:
some faculties have ceremonies like the Arts faculty but some like science only give you a cheque
:) thank you for replying! Would you know what happens for the Economics and Business faculty? If there's no ceremony, when should I expect the cheque?

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
There's a ceremony...at the end of the year.
But that's more to celebrate or something.

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
04er said:
:) thank you for replying! Would you know what happens for the Economics and Business faculty? If there's no ceremony, when should I expect the cheque?
that's ok....well i'm not really sure about economics and business but i'm pretty sure they have a ceremony because their scholarships are worth quite alot....you'll get a cheque even if there is a ceremony or not...hope that helps

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
ecos and bus will have a dinner/ceremony for all scholarship winners that hold one of their scholarships, or study in their faculty. the uni also holds a more general ceremony for all students that hold scholarships paid by the uni itself and not one faculty or other.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
pretty sure the usyd scholarships just go straight into your bank account in march and in august each yr

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
the ones paid by the uni itself you wont get until after the march 31 census date, to make sure you dont take the money and then drop out of uni.... I get a cheque, but you can get it paid directly into your account too.
Faculty scholarships are all different...

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
You should recieve your E+B scholarship dinner invite sometime in the next few weeks. Mmm... free food.

04er

HSC
snakeoils said:
You should recieve your E+B scholarship dinner invite sometime in the next few weeks. Mmm... free food.
ok that's a big relief... I thought maybe they forgot about me :(

envy87

HSC
eeeep...no....even tho i got a university wide one......

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
envy87 said:
eeeep...no....even tho i got a university wide one......
me too....apparently some ppl didn't get the invo although they got a scholarship....did u recieve your offer just recently because that would be the main reason why.

envy87

HSC
i got it the day after uai's came out...orignally i had been a reserve...and then received a scholarship after uai day...which was a while ago....

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
envy87 said:
i got it the day after uai's came out...orignally i had been a reserve...and then received a scholarship after uai day...which was a while ago....
hmmmm....i'm not quite sure now

04er

HSC
i got my dinner invite yesterday. Later than expected, but that's because they had some trouble with processing my from (i scanned my form and when they printed it out the sig got cut off)

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
I haven't gotten any invite yet.

Hmm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)