School's effect on ATAR (1 Viewer)

Rose157

HSC
N/A
I was just wondering, I go to a school that is ranked 400+ (so that isn't very good at all). How heavily will that affect my ATAR? (I'm currently in year 9 but my average marks are high 90's and my ranks are either 1st or top 5).

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
As long as you keep your 1st rankings you'll be all good.

In lower ranking schools there's hardly any students who work hard, so in a sense it's not going to directly affect your atar if your disciplined. The only way it might affect it is when your surrounded by unmotivated people, you tend to slack off and become like them.

So study, don't slack off just because your classmates are and you'll get a good atar!

Rose157

HSC
N/A
As long as you keep your 1st rankings you'll be all good.

In lower ranking schools there's hardly any students who work hard, so in a sense it's not going to directly affect your atar if your disciplined. The only way it might affect it is when your surrounded by unmotivated people, you tend to slack off and become like them.

So study, don't slack off just because your classmates are and you'll get a good atar!
Thank you so much! But what if I hapoen to come 2nd or 3rd in a subject or two? How heavily will that affect my ATAR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)