Science SC Test (2 Viewers)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Ok, I cleared some things up today.

The table with a checkbox format is correct, its actually preferable to other formats.

The answer to the fossil question is 'muddy river mouth' - confirmed by the science faculty at my school.

And 'metal' was right, I at first put magneisum and then crossed it out after wasting three minutes debating the meaning of the question. Lucky too.

geegables

HSC
whilst marking it during science for multiple choice i only got around 5 wrong, so thats mad..

charlottesweb

HSC
superglove_sam said:
fossil fuel conditions:

observations for the experiement: metal was being eaten away, change of colour, gas being emitted

i can't think of anything else i just need to get reminded of them
shouldn't one of the observations been SALT???? Because it was
METAL+acid= salt+hydrogen gas + H20

charlottesweb

HSC
The Gravity???

What did evryone put for the SATELLITE quezzo???
and it had the arrows showing the direction of the gravitational pull towards earth
?????
hmmmm

romesh

Master of the Universe
HSC
One of the by-products of the metal-acid reaction could have been salt, but water would not have been produced. Looking at magnesium placed in hydrochloric acid, we get Mg+HCl>H+MgCl (Magnesium Chloride being the salt). However, as there are no oxygen atoms involved, H2O cannot be produced.

I don't think you can "observe" salt being formed because it is dissolved in the liquid- you can't see it or even know its there until you test it or write up the equation. I wrote the metal changes in appearance, bubbles appear and the test tube heats up.

In the satellite question I said gravity was the arrow straight from the satellite to the Earth (perpendicular to the Earth's surface)

HSC
i didnt have much/none astronomy in my 2003 paper from what iremember, i got 96% in it :D i loved science

superglove_sam

HSC
N/A
our science teacher gave us the school certificate '04 for science and we marked it in class.

i got 44/50 in multiple choice, 10/10 in short answers, and lost 2 more marks for diagrams etc. (i remembered what I put in)

the answer for the satelite was R (directly to the earth). the substance was a metal, and you could've used goggles/gas mask for safety precautions.

check for colour change, if the metal got eaten away, and if gas is emitted. you could also check for bubbles being emitted.

nadinetannous

HSC
what the

YBK said:
wtf, it took me the whole 1.5 hours to finish it

undefinedundefinedundefined

how the hell did you get 1. 5hours if the whole things an hour and a half? bloody 20 minutes extra!

Mumma

HSC
nadinetannous said:
how the hell did you get 1. 5hours if the whole things an hour and a half? bloody 20 minutes extra!

uh your fucking kidding right? 1.5 hours = 1 1/2 hours.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
LOL

1.5 hours = 1 hour and a half of an hour

Care to add them up for me ?

oh yeah, here we go......... 1 hour + 1/2 of an hour = 1 hour and 30 minutes..

DUHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, haha, it was funny though :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)