• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Scope for engineering (1 Viewer)

Bobbo1

HSC
what's the scope for civil, geotechnical, aerospace and mining engineering?

sikander

HSC
Nobody , will be able to answer you question properly here . You need to contact some graduate of these engineering streams . Better if you talk to professor . Its an important decision of your life .

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Forget Aerospace?

Ausrralia is enjoying a resources boom that has made its economy strong whilst many OECD economies are screwed. If Australia hasn't got its mountains of iron ore, coal, other minerals and LNG then its economy will be also screwed. Its industry/manufacturing is unable to compete.

So while the boom is ongoing there are a lot of jobs for mining/LNG related industries. I myself do not know what these jobs are. But I guess there would be, on top of the lots of welders, drilling hands etc, there would be openings for mining-type engineering(including geotechnical) and geology-related engineering (mining Engg). I think civil and mechanical is also good. But I'm only speculating.

Contact the Mining and Oil & Gas industry bodies (e.g. APPEA - Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association).

I don't know what one would do in Australia with Aerospace Engg? Australia has no aerospace industry. The founder of Matrix Education (H J Kim?) makes more money from coaching industry than his Aerospace training. Ronnknee may know something here and correct me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)