SD Card problem (1 Viewer)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hrmm... My sd card keeps on asking me to format it and i do, but it keeps asking me over and oer again. My SD card is used for my digital camera. I also tried formatting it using my computer.

So if anyone have any ideas to rectify the problem then please share. Alternatively if anyone know where i can get SD cards fixed then please let me know!

thanks in advance.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
What's an SD card?

edit: oh, flash cards. Just buy another one, they're cheap as chips these days. Pun intended.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I had the same problem a while ago...

For me, it was the camera that was stuffed, not the SD card...

Perhaps you should get your digi cam checked out...

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
the camera doesnt belong to me, belongs to my aunt whose overseas at the moment.
The digital camera can be turned on like normal (reading its internal memory).
yeah ive checked out the prices (the exact one) heaps cheap, but its still under warranty :) just dont want to return a camera and tell her its stuffed :p

my camera uses a MS so i cant test if its the camera thats faulty.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
dark`secrets said:
the camera doesnt belong to me, belongs to my aunt whose overseas at the moment.
The digital camera can be turned on like normal (reading its internal memory).
yeah ive checked out the prices (the exact one) heaps cheap, but its still under warranty :) just dont want to return a camera and tell her its stuffed :p

my camera uses a MS so i cant test if its the camera thats faulty.
So when/how does your SD crad tell you to format it? As in, when you are using it in your camera or when it's connected to the computer?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
firstly there's internal memory with the camera, so the SD is extra. When i turn it on it says to format. i also tried opening it with the comp and it also says that i need to format it.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
sounds like the card is stuffed.

incidentally, you don't have the lock on the card do you? i'm not sure if that would prompt you to reformat though...

sunny

meh.
HSC
Try formatting using different formats on the computer, FAT16, FAT32, or read your camera manual to see what format is expects the memory card to be in.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yep i've already tried formatting with the different formats my comp allows. hrms yeah manual is @ aunt's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)