fatmuscle

HSC
sounds good
will be happy to run it

we will host your file if you want

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Guys, keep in mind that your actual documentation is far more important than the program itself!

Make sure it's simple, and make sure it works, then focus on your written content. It may seem to defeat the point of a major project, but it's how you get marks for it.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yep
my major project for SDD was weighted 70% documentation, 30% on the actual program
the program doesnt even have to work properly, jus so long as its correctly documented, u'll get the marks

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Yep that's how all our assessments are weighed... 70% documentation 30% for the actual program.. good for me, I am not ab fab with programming :p

Morgues

Mine is 70% documentation and 30% program as well and as a result I have had virtually no motivation to make something decent and have basically scrapped something together that barely works and has very limited functions and concentrated mainly on the documentation

sunny

meh.
HSC
Oh gosh I feel so special :D

We have 34/50 allocated for program (68%) and 16/50 for documentation (32%)

Sweeeet.....

Winsux

Well my teacher has been in a car accident, and suffered brain damage ages ago, so we teach ourselves everything. he just says to read and summarise, and tells us to use VB for our major project when he doesn't know where to start...

I have my VB project up and running now, i haven't put it online yet, but if you are still offering i'll send it in here...its around 1.5MB

kind a mix between "Pong", "Brick Out" and a few others...cool midi's

sunny

meh.
HSC
hehe...yea, I was hoping my teacher won't use the keyboard shortcuts :p Using ctrl + T mucks around with the loading process of the tutorials. As you release T it fires the key_up event on the treeview and makes it load up an tutorial while it tries to finish populating the treeview.

The help file should be there, if you selected it in the installation options.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Well yea...the installer does look really professional. And its a hellota easier to use than MS Installer!!

And I've found the source of that help file problem....and just if you are interested in the patch......

http://www.ug.cs.usyd.edu.au/~sleung/volleyball/files/volleyballplanner_update.exe

This time its just 500kb!

Well...I've already handed in my major project, so all I could do is send my teacher the patch, and tell him what the problem was and hope for the best. The problem with the help file was caused by a module that was created by a CASE tool, and it pointed to the help file under the directory structure in my computer instead of using a variable one :p I'd like to think thats not my fault :p haha

sunny

meh.
HSC
Bon, I'm going to have to put your name in the "- Very Special Thanks -" bit in the about box for finding that problem! :cool:

pulse

timer are gay

vb timers are the gayest concieved item in existence.

i made a drag car simulation in Vb. works fine *now* that i took all but 1 timer out.

wish i bothered to even attempt decent graphics tho.

sunny

meh.
HSC
The idea is to is to avoid timers in VB, since they only have a resolution of 50ms. You should be using things like Timer, GetTickCout, SetTimer and QueryPerformanceTimer.

Winsux

Anyone that wants to download a game to procrastinate with, goto

http://razeawall.tripod.com/download.htm

if you think its gay, you don't need to tell me, and sorry about having so many cabs - i couldn't upload it in one, and also it was packaged using vb. what else is there that is free? (or have the serial for)

if there are any major bugs please tell me, and beware, it has timers, i may get rid of them after trials, so it MAY be slow on your machine

SwiftGTi

Major software project

I made a DivX launcher
basicly it autoruns from the cd that the Dvd rip is on and gives you a GUI that ltes you read bout the movie, install codecs and plays ect and a few more goodies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)