Section 2...???!!! (1 Viewer)

bobbyz

HSC
i did question 8 about the way art shapes our understanding of culture... found it pretty ok... not too difficult. there was quite alot of range in the questions and that was good. ur thoughts???

rooster89

loz
HSC
ye i was goin to do question 8, but i did the one about curating an exhibition and wrote about works from the modernism movement all rejecting tradition as my concept. it was a bit risky and just wondering if someone could clarify the extent of which i had to curate the exhibition in regards to placements of work etc. i basically just chose works and jjustified my choice rather than the placement of the works.. How big a mistake was this... :S

Crholic

HSC
i thought it was great i got to talk about some of my favourite artworks so it was all cool, i think i could have had at least 20 minutes extra for section one, i had to rush through that :( its okay i couldnt have left it blank but i didnt...i made a big mistake for section two but i dont think the markers would notice because i made it work! lol yay my last exam im FINISHED!

kaos12345

HSC
went pretty well for me :p wrote 13 pages on section 2, did question 8 and 10 pages for section1, most of the content in section 1 i had covered before, and in section 2 it was simply just a rewrite of my marginalised artist's essay

cc =)

HSC
rooster89 said:
ye i was goin to do question 8, but i did the one about curating an exhibition and wrote about works from the modernism movement all rejecting tradition as my concept. it was a bit risky and just wondering if someone could clarify the extent of which i had to curate the exhibition in regards to placements of work etc. i basically just chose works and jjustified my choice rather than the placement of the works.. How big a mistake was this... :S
yerrs for me it was a toss up between either question 8 or 6 [the curator question], so i ended up doing the curating an exhibition one. And likewise, i wrote about contemporary artworks which challenge the traditional perception of art.
I dont think you had to talk about placement of the works cos i didnt and i was unsure so i asked my va teacher afterwards and she goes curators only decide what artworks go into an exhibition and WHY . So, all you needed was WHAT goes into the exhibtion and WHY. I dont think placement would matter right ? well if it does then .. we`re both screwed LOLS

MonsterCookie

HSC

I really could have used a better essay question that fitted better with my focus on symbolism and spiritual beliefs, but i did the best i could with what they gave me to work with...i did question 10, but i sort of adapted the question a little to fit better with my focus, so i hope i was on the right track.
i'm just glad the HSC is FINALLY over!!!

zaqwerty

HSC
I did question 8. Seems like a lot of people did. Either question 8 or 6 (curator one). It was a toss up between those two for me. Some of the people in my class chose some really left-field questions (well, in comparison to the artists we studied). Overall I think section II was alright; question 8 fit in with what I wanted to say about my artists and I just tried to link it all back to the question at the end of each point.

The last sentence of my essay was something along the lines of "Therefore it is evident that artworks shape the way we understand culture".. I was going to add in "but it may also be hypothesised that culture shapes our understanding of an artwork, but that is a whole other argument that I don't have time for seeing as I just finished my HSC!"...
...But I figured, I shouldn't risk it. There's way too many people lacking in the sense-of-humour department these days.

emmisue

HSC
i di question 7, about creating reality not depicting it. it fitted in well wiht cubism, futurism, dad n surrealism id studied. n the major artists in them.

i was a bit annoyed there was no question on art reflecting change or society, but this one fitted mine ok. i wrote 8 pages, but my writing is v small

Beeno

HSC
I did question 8 as well! Haha. Fitted in perfectly with my prepared essay =)

Some people did question 10 and said they did 2 artworks coz it said TWO. And I'm like "er... I don't think that's enough..." but I was thinking "WDF you idiot? How is two artworks enough? It said BODIES OF WORK. Psh, glad I'm not you!"

I'm so mean.

shaunna

HSC
yeah. question 8 related to my pre planned essay as well. i got lucky because part c in section 1 about the Barbara Kruger artwork was one of the examples i prepared for my essay, so i thought that was good.

klaratiara

HSC
question 8 was the best ever.
what artists did you guy talk about?
i did Ah Xian, Barbara Kruger, Andy Warholl and Gordon Bennet and im pretty happy with how it turned out

zaqwerty

HSC
klaratiara said:
question 8 was the best ever.
what artists did you guy talk about?
i did Ah Xian, Barbara Kruger, Andy Warholl and Gordon Bennet and im pretty happy with how it turned out
Did you actually study Ah Xian and Barbara Kruger or did you just use them from section I? 'Cause I'd say that would've been a less-than-terrific idea.

naughtymanolo

HSC
mus thave bene the on ly one to do question 6, we had an assingment that was littlery identicle to the question, i i just rewrote my assignment.

kester89

HSC
i did Titian, Manet, Henry Moore, Cindy Sherman and Annette Bezor. I chose question 8 and talked about how the evolution of the representation of women communicated their corresponding status in society at each time...

~kiki

HSC
I really liked section one. There was alot to say. My biggest fear was not having enough to write-- in some of the past papers I have found that I don't have much to say for the artworks they choose. In this case I found all the artworks very interesting and was able to engage with them well.

As for section 2 that was a little tricky for me. In the end I chose question 7 and talked about video installations (TV Moore), sense place environments (Susan Hiller) and virtual realities (Maurice Benayoun) as well as the changing nature of art through the ages-- with an increasing level of audience participation. I also discussed the powerful potencial of these new mediums to raise audience awareness of wordly issues as the artist now has the potencial to fully immerse the viewer in their artwork. Do you think three works was enough for this section? :/

To be honest, I wasn't in exam mode at all. I just wanted to get this dam HSC thing out the way. It just seemed to drag on forever!!!

rooster89

loz
HSC
cc =) said:
yerrs for me it was a toss up between either question 8 or 6 [the curator question], so i ended up doing the curating an exhibition one. And likewise, i wrote about contemporary artworks which challenge the traditional perception of art.
I dont think you had to talk about placement of the works cos i didnt and i was unsure so i asked my va teacher afterwards and she goes curators only decide what artworks go into an exhibition and WHY . So, all you needed was WHAT goes into the exhibtion and WHY. I dont think placement would matter right ? well if it does then .. we`re both screwed LOLS

thanks so much for ur feedback, u make me feel a lot better.

petraawad

HSC
i did question 8 too, i wrote about Vanitas artists, Audrey Flacks appropriation of them, Marcel Duchamp, Robert Rauschenberg and Andy Warhol. theres never enough time in the art exam to actually think about the artworks in section 1, walking out of the exam i got more ideas about what i could have written than actually being in there. we studied Ah Xian a little and Glen Murcutt but i barely read over my notes for them, damn it!

klaratiara

HSC
zaqwerty said:
Did you actually study Ah Xian and Barbara Kruger or did you just use them from section I? 'Cause I'd say that would've been a less-than-terrific idea.
no i actually studied them for my essay and Ah's a family friend so yea straight from the horses mouth
which meant that doing question c section one was a godsend.
whoever wrote that exam is a wonderfull person.

Morgaen

HSC
i did question 8... it was to analyse a statement from mark rothko in the subjective frame..
it was ok, i think i got about 17/25... not too good at art but its a ok-ish mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)