Section II - National Study / Personality (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
Thoughts? Comments? Perhaps we can now all band together to watch Triumph of the Will in piece? No? :p

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Second speer question i just rambled on a bit, was fairly hard.

adgala

HSC
i thought the russia question was a bit weird cos they had evaluate but it wasn't extremely difficult since it was 17-24 but i regret not basing my essay just on lenin cos i wrote down everything that happened and how it was different to marxism/communisn

for the personalities, my essays for the 2 studies were so similar, the 2nd one was pretty much my first one minus 24 onwards

nwatts

HSC
Haha.. Leni rocks your socks she does.

Both her questions were alright. Second one was a bit tricky, but still secksy. I spent way too much time on personality questions though.. I always tend to.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I liked the 2nd speer question actually.

When I was reading it I thought I didn't have much to write but was surprised when I actually had an attempt - had plenty to talk about.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
nwatts said:
Haha.. Leni rocks your socks she does.

Both her questions were alright. Second one was a bit tricky, but still secksy. I spent way too much time on personality questions though.. I always tend to.
ditto

i loved her second question cause i could incorporate my idea so well into it.

if i don't get full marks in that section i'm killing the Board Of Studies

nwatts

HSC
Tulipa said:
ditto

i loved her second question cause i could incorporate my idea so well into it.

if i don't get full marks in that section i'm killing the Board Of Studies
Oh I'll kill with you. These two questions are instant full marks. The second was good, because as you said, you can weave in your own thoughts. And I wrote a *lot*. So yes indeed some marks there.

*shakes fists at arabs*

cimbom

HSC
... I left Leni till last, just like I did in the trial, because I knew if i was going to run out of time- it would be for her :) . So second part of Leni was a whole page of point- form, maybe 7/10 if the marker is generous. The Leni question was like a repeat of 2001- nothing difficult, pretty straight- forward social/cultural role question.

... our teacher told us we were probably going to get a totalitarianism question for germany 1933- 1945... and there it was! But i didn't answer it- i felt more confident with 12a the Weimar question, they actually asked about Weimar again! :cool:

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Speer was the subject I left till last, so it's a bit brief. Hopefully I get around 3-5/10 though for it, it was kinda vague and short but here's hoping!

EmMindelan

done, and happy
HSC
Trotsky was AWESOME..."Evaluate his role in Bolshevik successes, 1917-1924"...thankyou, nice Board of Studies people...it was such a nice and straightfoward questions - and mercifully without one of those trigger type things they've used in previous years.

cimbom

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Oh that second Leni question was open, but at the same time limited. It was hard to understand whether the "period you have studied" meant up to 1945, or to follow the syllabus which also states the Leni period INCLUDES the Nuba Tribe stuff, etc etc. Oh well, question one of Riefenstahl was easy, two was relatively challenging.
... i didn't know what to do either, i stopped with her "career affected after the war"... I almost wrote down that she died in 2003.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Oh that second Leni question was open, but at the same time limited. It was hard to understand whether the "period you have studied" meant up to 1945, or to follow the syllabus which also states the Leni period INCLUDES the Nuba Tribe stuff, etc etc. Oh well, question one of Riefenstahl was easy, two was relatively challenging.
I thought the same for Speer but instantly decided that they wanted it to end at 1945. bexause it is part of national study 1918-45, and that was the period we studied. But yes, why can't the board just be more specific and say "up untill 1945", or whatever it was expecting us to answer?

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I don't think it really matters - you probably could have mentioned like how he wrote a book after spandau etc but it's not too relevant I rkn :p

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
but it is relevant because the question asked about his "public life" and his writing/interview circuit career post-Spandau was definitely public. Although I don't think they wanted as to discuss anything post-war. so yeah, no worries there I don't think.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Hmm.. maybe. I thought it was a generic question on main events of his life like always - the "public life" meant like, less emphasis on when he married and how he died while having sex etc. I dunno, that was my interp :)

Last edited:

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
fleepbasding said:
but it is relevant because the question asked about his "public life" and his writing/interview circuit career post-Spandau was definitely public. Although I don't think they wanted as to discuss anything post-war. so yeah, no worries there I don't think.
My closing paragraph was dedicated to the Nuremburg trials of 1946 and his post-war writing career, but I didn't really get too in-depth with it. Up to 1945 should be fine.

aurora_05

HSC
adgala said:
for the personalities, my essays for the 2 studies were so similar, the 2nd one was pretty much my first one minus 24 onwards
I started out in that direction until I realised that it only wanted the succeses which cut out a few of the things I'd mentioned in my first essay (eg. July Days). Quite happy with those Trotsky questions though :) It was worth the 5.30am start to look through my Trotsky notes.

HSC
Mmm.. I didn't quite go that far. My last line was "In 1945 the Germans surrendered." Maybe I put a date in, but I don't remember. Why did they only give us two four page booklets for this? I don't understand. It's so annoying having to ask for extra booklets- (but kind of nice at the same time, because it happens so rarely for me!). But even so, for ME (and my writing is very small), I got through one and a half booklets for Speer, and two for Totalitarian Germany.

jennylim

HSC
totalitarian germany!!!!! i am greatly indebted to you bos people, because without you i would not have learned it. or even, for that matter, really known what it was.

so after teaching myself that and freaking my class out, i got that question!! and it was better than i thought it'd be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)