Section III - Business Report (1 Viewer)

big mac

HSC
goan_crazy said:
So how did we all find the report?
Discuss
I loved the report! i thought it was the best part of the whole exam. i wrote about 12 pages for it, and am pretty happy with it.

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
i wrote about 8 whole pages, i could of wrote more but needed to start on the extended response... I thought it was good... but relatively i thought the whole exam was better than i expected...

jackcass2

only got 5 in but i got small writing. only wrote 4 for the other one. got all my marks in section 1 n 2 though. spent too long there.

Mandy101

HSC
I loved it! Wrote 18 pages which is the most I've written this entire HSC period. Hopefully that'll make up for the three multiple choices I fucked up.. :(

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
i liked the report
i talked about FDI
marketing global strategies
financial management strategies
debt v. equity

stuff like that

Skewl

HSC
I dont know if its right but i included marketing strategies and otehr financial planning strategies for this question. e.g profitability management...i mena it still does inc rease their market share....pls sumone tell me i did it right...

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
yeh mate dont worry thats right. the question didnt ask for 'global marketing strategies'. Of course u could of just used the four p's if you linked it back to how the company can differentiate their product in Japan. Global marketing strategies involve standardisation/differentiation.....so it was more better to do the 4p's

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
also with the strategic role of finance.....did everyone talk about the creation of General Purpose Financial Reports and Special Purpose Financial Reports? because this wat it was really asking for?

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I talked about the use of key financial indicators in developing a strategic plan for the business. All in all I think this was my best section, I did 12 pages and liked what I wrote. :D

leelee1987

HSC
hey i wrote about 16 pages thats the most i have wriiten for business. but i thought the test was realll easy.

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
i 4got what FDI was.. and the role of financial managment.. had to bs there.. but i guess it wasnt to bad.. i wrote 6 pages for the report.. and like 5 pages for the essay/case study q.. i write heaps small...its the most ive written throughout the whole hsc.. even more than adv english.. hahaha hope my "bullshitting" abilities benefit me..

acast29

HSC
This section was alright, didn't discuss any other strategies apart from the 3 they gave us and TOLD us to write about. Thus basically i just discussed the advantages and disadvantages of each strategy the firm was going to do and evaluated that with regard to its two objectives. Was alrite, wrote about 14 and a bit pages.

FOr the role of financial management... i wrote about the key indicators and said that financial management is about setting objectives and finding the resources needed to achieve those objectives.

Haks

HSC
this is basically how i structured my response
-the strategic role of fin. planning
-managing global business, financial, marketing and employment relations
-then i think i did evaluation

7th Sign

HSC
Tommy_69 said:
yeh mate dont worry thats right. the question didnt ask for 'global marketing strategies'. Of course u could of just used the four p's if you linked it back to how the company can differentiate their product in Japan. Global marketing strategies involve standardisation/differentiation.....so it was more better to do the 4p's

true i used stuff liek this in it + a lot of other concepts in the question...

apparently at marking they just give like random high marks all over the place like a ok response gets 15/20 :cool:

minilles1

HSC
i thought q26 was really really crapo n to specific but i spose thats how they destinquish between the good n the excellent students, I only wrote about what they told me to, evaluating each of the three things, the next extended response i thought was much better maybe because i new what exactly i was doing but i dont think i did enough in this question on teh causes of industrial conflict, i mainly just discussed how to resolve it and the use of rewards and training and development. What did everyone else do 4 this q?

Pixydust*

minilles1 said:
i thought q26 was really really crapo n to specific but i spose thats how they destinquish between the good n the excellent students, I only wrote about what they told me to, evaluating each of the three things, the next extended response i thought was much better maybe because i new what exactly i was doing but i dont think i did enough in this question on teh causes of industrial conflict, i mainly just discussed how to resolve it and the use of rewards and training and development. What did everyone else do 4 this q?
i did the same thing as you!!! i just discuessed training and dev and rewards - i didnt go through strategies to manage change because i thought they were the strategies...i hope im right!! ive never gotten lower than 19/20 for a year 12 exam business report i seriously dont mind if i get a 17, i just hope i addressed the question properly....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)