Section III - Personality (1 Viewer)

daponisher

HSC
I think Pericles was a very easy set of Questions

a) His relationship with people

b) His achievements

That was straightforward just crapped on about deomcracy, bp, fo, imperialism, fleet, tribute etc, 45 mins exactly

klaratiara

HSC
woo kinship i did that! yea both a and b for hatsheptsut wouldve made great essay questions becuase i could have gone on for ages.
luckily they were my trial questions!! i had to cut down tho, i did it first and made myself stick to the 45 minute plan coz you cant get more than 25, no matter how amazing and long the response is i guess.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Ademir said:
Wtf at question a) for xerxes.

relationship with persians and non-persians haha. I knew this was going to be in there. it was the one thing I didn't study thinking it wasnt going to be in there, and it was, and I knew it was. argh
Ah same. I didn't study it, just briefly read over it, then straining to remember the words I'd read.

vieires

HSC
Caesar's relationship with the senate...yes please!
Could have written all day about that, but I didnt, lol.

Caesar's military achievements

well, I thought I was doing well, then I realised I got a little sidetracked and was talking about them in terms of their importance elsewhere. Not sure I I was supposed to do that :S

Jbass

HSC
atreus said:
what was the agrippina question?
Um...I think they were:

a) Discuss Agrippina the Younger's relationships with Seneca, Burrus and the imperial freedmen. (10M)

b) Assess the achievements of Agrippina. (15M)

They were alright questions. The first was a bit specific, but I suppose it was alright because the 'imperial freedmen' part allowed you to talk about a range of people.
The second question was good and bad. Good = incredibly broad, so you could relate pretty much anything important she did to what she achieved. Bad = the chosen information would have to be pretty selective in order to make an 'assessment', without going too far off the question.

Despite that, I guess it wasn't too bad.

manutd_rock07

HSC
spence said:
This was definately my best part, then section 4, then 1, then 2. Did Caesar, thought the questions were good, but heaps of people didn't like them. But I think I may have accidentally combined two battles into one, oops
i thought the caesar questions were a gift...
i predicted the relationship with the senate and really all u had to talk about with the military is marius, gallic wars and civil wars ---------> EASY!!

Thalamic Raven

HSC
daponisher said:
I think Pericles was a very easy set of Questions

a) His relationship with people

b) His achievements

That was straightforward just crapped on about deomcracy, bp, fo, imperialism, fleet, tribute etc, 45 mins exactly
i didnt think this was easy because it was so vague, you could talk about the whole topic basically. i didnt really focus in on anything because i was making sure i covered as many different aspects as i could.

at first i tried to summarise achievements into democracy and creation of athenian empire but it got so blurred with all information from anything in the topic i could recall and it was just giant blocks of crap. about 8 pages though for the second part, and 3.5 for first so length was aaallllriiiiight

what-for?

HSC
Bec-B said:
Yeah that was pretty much what I wrote about, for overall success as a pharaoh I incorporated the whole political success of her reign, her administrative abilities, the way that she made an unconventional reign work etc.
same. plus, i threw in a quote from Tyldesley which summed it up nicely: "Hatshepsut's reign, characterised by economic prosperity, monumental building, and foreign exploration, seems to confirm her competence."
i had 5 broad qualities and expanded on them:
- retained stability
- glorified the gods
- increased prosperity
- potecting/defending kingdom
- hatshepsut's legacy.

the relationship with TIII was an essay i learnt before hand so i totally regurgitated that.

Adam.Meads

HSC
braddio said:
HATSHEPSUT....was alright.. B) was VERY broad...
a) had been asked b4 and was to long for 10 mark question!!

I was hoping for a qtn on building program.... but oh well...

3 exams to gooo...WOO...lol
I thought (a) wasnt too bad, nor was it long for a 10 mark Q. My opinion though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)