Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Marketplace Q20

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Marketplace Q21

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

hoggypig

HSC
Which one was which? Lol. I can't remember.

I didn't take the exam paper because i was just in a hurry to get out of their by 5 .. so hungry!

I know I did nutrition. There was one on active non-nutrients and one on promotion of nutrition through various groups but I can't remember which question each was.
It actually took me a while to work out which one to do. I knew all the active non-nutrients and all their functions but it didn't seem like there was enoguh to write about ... 2 pages and I would have been done. So I chose the promotion because I also remember it and was easier to ramble to get more info and a longer response. :)

Last edited:

BrookSteven

HSC
I did four pages on the active non-nutrients one. I think I probably got 15. I wrote absolutely everything they could possibly ask for, including DHA, EPA, and ALA. However, I strongly disagree with the assertion that Omega 3's are "active non-nutrients". Actually, I strongly disagree with the title "active non-nutrients" altogether. It's just a made up phrase created by the HSC BOS, as far as I can tell. I've never heard of it in any science/nutrition literature, and I've read a lot.

AussiB

HSC
BrookSteven said:
I did four pages on the active non-nutrients one. I think I probably got 15. I wrote absolutely everything they could possibly ask for, including DHA, EPA, and ALA. However, I strongly disagree with the assertion that Omega 3's are "active non-nutrients". Actually, I strongly disagree with the title "active non-nutrients" altogether. It's just a made up phrase created by the HSC BOS, as far as I can tell. I've never heard of it in any science/nutrition literature, and I've read a lot.
In my Food Technolgy Excel book they classify the following as Active Non-Nutritents:

- Anti-oxidants
- Probiotics
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Dietary fibre

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the Excel books are written by HSC markers so you're probably right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)