Sections III, IV : Extended Response (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Discuss the 4 extended response options of questions 25-28.

Were they what you had expected? Which questions did you choose?

cimbom

HSC
Ah, so predictable- i thought they'd ask about trade, globalisation inequalities, unemployment and inflation (two issues from 2003...). NO CASE STUDY! All those people that insisted on studying it... i suppose it could have been appropriated into q28 though- i know somebody who compared Brazil as a developing/emerging eco and Australia as advanced industrialised eco.

I did 25 and 28- didn't finish 28, hopefully 12/20 at least for plan etc. I tried to talk about the 'positives' of globalisation as much as the overwhelming negatives on the standard of living...
q25 was an excellent question. Did anyone talk about how John Howe was wrong about globalisation- how australia is invested in but doesn't invest in others... structural problems of consistent CAD and CF Surplus reflective of structural blah bleh bloh... hsc is over.

It was pretty easy, much easier than previous years, i don't think it'll be one of those times when people say "... the band6 cut off will be 84". :cool:

kouklitsa

OMG HOW Easy!!!! i did ummm 26 and 27.. i think they were the 1s.. i dreamt last night that question 27 wouild be it... we;d had bascially that exact question in class! it was oh so sweet and i had a feelimng bout inflation or micro.. and hey that was basically it!

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
i also did q26 and 27... i think my mark for 26 will be better though, i had more of a synthesised argument.. no case study!!! i was suprised.. i was memorising my case study when i arrived at school..

adambra

HSC
26 and 27. It wasn't an easy exam. Nor was it overly difficult. Sick of people being from either extreme.

Haku

the esssays were ok. did 26 and 27. 27was strange though, and suck shit to people who thought there were going to be a labor refomr one

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
True though, never get your hopes too high. Any exam cannot be easy, I mean even for one of my best subjects, I never doubt my errors or careless mistakes.

I found the questions rather interesting this time... wrote altogether 4 booklets, though my writing was pretty small with like 6-7 words per line.

HSC
I did the inflation/policies one and the ecogrowth/unemployment one

thank god there were some eco issues in the essays this year *hates all non eco issue or policy essays*

cimbom

HSC
... did anyone do q25? It was such a great question.

nono

HSC
N/A
Hey for q28 on gobalisation, cant you add info from your case study as evidence to back up what you're saying?

I did...shit i hope that's right....

EmMindelan

done, and happy
HSC
I did 26 and 28; was disappointed about the lack of case study (although I referenced Philippines as a specific example of impact of globalisation), but was reasonably pleased with the extended response questions, and the exam as a whole. I thought it was moderately hard, about the same maybe as previous years.....I thought 26 was fantastic, there was tons in the stimulus to really dig into! Altogether, pretty good :)

dragon fan

nono said:
Hey for q28 on gobalisation, cant you add info from your case study as evidence to back up what you're saying?

I did...shit i hope that's right....

Well i related the question back to China. The second half of the question referred to the global economy and did not specifically mention Australia so it was of other countries in the world. I spoke to my economics teacher and he said that you could relate the features of globalisation to a case study

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i did q25 and q27

nosadness said:
the esssays were ok. did 26 and 27. 27was strange though, and suck shit to people who thought there were going to be a labor refomr one
i still managed to work in labour reform into q25

so glad i didnt prepare a case study!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I managed to talk about labor reform in both 26 and 27.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)