Selective and Private Schools entry (1 Viewer)

s97127

HSC
ahh ok , just to clarify sydney grammar has a test to get in . I will try out for that , but what about other private schools like Knox and Kings do you need to do an entracne exam to get in or you just need to pay and thats it
I believe you just have to pay for King and Knox

wzsmartypants

HSC
oh hi ive only done the nsbhs test, a friend of mine has done the nbhs test. The NSBHS test for yr9 entry was basically like yearly exam. The maths wasn't too hard, for English there was a poem for us to write a written response analysing techniques used, beware of that. English we also had to write a narrative based on the ideas they gave us (pick 1 out of 2), one was based on 'the edge of maps is beginning of exploration' or something similar. I did the nsbhs test online cuz of covid and tbh it was very competitive(60 ppl in my zoom meeting but some said around a hundred in total). For maths its more like hard yr8 content and I remember a few questions like make x the subject and uh I cant think of others but if u want ill look for them (I'm pretty sure I asked my tutor a few questions the afternoon right after the test XD) My friend said for normanhurst the English section was a lot harder than nsb(he did both tests) Also for nsb i read that there might be a lot of graphing to do. I didn't see graphing on the nsb test probably because they had to adjust since the test was online on google forms. Feel free to ask questions btw unfortunately I didn't get in cuz my report sucked and had no naplan results lol ill tell kurrison to reply as well feel free to ask more

wzsmartypants

HSC
normanhurst and north sydney are not like olympiad ones with wordy problems but more like a harder school exam lol be sure to know everything in 5.3 maths! my cousin was in normanhurst and transferred to north sydney for entry into nsb in yr11 he didn't do any tutoring and he graduated already. He didn't have much extracurriculars I'm pretty sure but he did get straight A's and most likely aced the exam

Kurrison

HSC
ahh ok , just to clarify sydney grammar has a test to get in . I will try out for that , but what about other private schools like Knox and Kings do you need to do an entracne exam to get in or you just need to pay and thats it
Bro, well if u do scholarship exam for Knox or Kings. But, you still can get in by paying it.

s97127

HSC
does anyone know anything about Reddam House? I go to NSB but i've just a scholarship offer from Reddam. I'm still thinking whether i should leave NSB for Reddam or not. I did not expect to get it because it's was a practice test for JR this July.

wzsmartypants

HSC
does anyone know anything about Reddam House? I go to NSB but i've just a scholarship offer from Reddam. I'm still thinking whether i should leave NSB for Reddam or not. I did not expect to get it because it's was a practice test for JR this July.
sheesh how was ur reports and extracurriculars just curious. full scholarship?

Kurrison

HSC
Reddam House is a nice school tho but not worth it. There are negative reviews about Reddam House with dreadful facilities and unreasonable teaching. But it is your choice, I think you should stay NSB because NSB is a great school tho.

idkkdi

HSC
go ruse lol

s97127

HSC

Kurrison

HSC
i'm aware of this but i like Reddam because of their 'try hard' attitude as it matches with my personality.
Well, Reddam House is considered excellent in term of academic. It is impressive that you got the scholarship; the difference is you probably have those opportunities for music, sport or whatever, and you will be in a prestigious environment.

s97127

HSC
Well, Reddam House is considered excellent in term of academic. It is impressive that you got the scholarship; the difference is you probably have those opportunities for music, sport or whatever, and you will be in a prestigious environment.
i know i will do well academically but the question is whether i can be as good as JR students or not. That's why i need to go tutoring such as Dr Du, Zhang so that i can compete with them.

Kurrison

HSC
i know i will do well academically but the question is whether i can be as good as JR students or not. That's why i need to go tutoring such as Dr Du, Zhang so that i can compete with them.
Bro, you got the scholarship, plus you are from NSB. You will likely be okay in Reddam House; you are probably in the top 25 or something. I have a friend who got the scholarship for Knox, and he is in the top 25 out of 340 students.

s97127

HSC
Bro, you got the scholarship, plus you are from NSB. You will likely be okay in Reddam House; you are probably in the top 25 or something. I have a friend who got the scholarship for Knox, and he is in the top 25 out of 340 students.
i know i will do well at Reddam but i might not be as good as the top students from JR. One way to find out is to go to tutoring with them. I have 15 primary school friends at JR so i know how good they are.

idkkdi

HSC
lol, you can trust me that this kid @s97127 would not be happy with anything double digit at reddam house.

quickoats

HSC
no JR in junior years because i don't want to milk cows or look after chickens or write essays on farm animals :)
Not a JR student but agriculture was a whole load of fun. I don’t think JR have milking facilities lol

s97127

HSC
Not a JR student but agriculture was a whole load of fun. I don’t think JR have milking facilities lol
My friends hate it. It sounds fun but it might not when you actually do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)