Seminar Guide (1 Viewer)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
In my Intro to Law Seminar Guide there are questions. Are these questions that I have to answer before the seminar; OR are these general questions that will be answered during the seminar?

At first I thought it was the latter, with questions such as "What is Law?"; "What is law's function or purpose?". Although the below questions sound like we are expected to actually answer them:

"Question 3 - case analysis"
Read Walker's case, which is located on WebCT.
--> Write down thr correct citation for Walker's case. Explain why you have written it this way. [Refer to Stuhmcke's book on legal referencing.]
--> In which court was this decision handed down? [Think about which other courts this case has been through and why it is now in this court.]
--> Who is Walker? What has he done? What special characteristics does he have?"
etc etc.

Thanks in advance. :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Do it before the lesson to show off ;)

BTW I think that might be old, because I can actually tell you the answers to walkers case and I'm sure I did it :/

L

LaraB

Not-That-Bright said:
Do it before the lesson to show off ;)

BTW I think that might be old, because I can actually tell you the answers to walkers case and I'm sure I did it :/
Yeh, you don't have to ddo them before hand but it makes the seminars more useful if you do. Plus, you know what areas of the readings are important and which are just background stuff.
\
If you have Margaret Hyland for a lecture r- i strongly recommend doing them beforehand. By doing the questions - i don't mean a full written response but at least think about it and maybe jot down some notes on them or something.

= Jennifer =

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Thank you people:)

Btw, I have Simon.

Simon is the best law lecturer I have had. He knows how to relate to students who have just finished hsc, unlike margaret who thinks everyone should be at some high level of understanding.

You will enjoy your time with Simon, just make sure you read your stuff cause sometimes he can just ask you a question on the spot :p

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Is the '200006 Introduction to Law Unit Reader, UWS Law School, 2006' found at the coop bookshop?? What is it?

Angel45

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
Simon is the best law lecturer I have had. He knows how to relate to students who have just finished hsc, unlike margaret who thinks everyone should be at some high level of understanding.

You will enjoy your time with Simon, just make sure you read your stuff cause sometimes he can just ask you a question on the spot :p
yeah, he was fantastic for Intro To Law...u learn so much and it stays with u rather than 4getting it like after the unit is done.. hehe.. he would pick on ppl. up the back cnr but if no one can answer the questions :p

Angel45

HSC
pussy_cat said:
Is the '200006 Introduction to Law Unit Reader, UWS Law School, 2006' found at the coop bookshop?? What is it?
Hey there, it would be yes.
It's like a photocopied collection of articles and stuff.. bound together and you
may have to read a reading from it for the seminars.

L

LaraB

haha yeh - if you haven't done your work for a seminar - just a word or warning - Simon seems to always pick the bakc left corner on purpose lol

so if you haven't done your work - answer a token question and sit in the middle and he should leave you alone lol:)

he;'s nice though - he gets annoyed if peopel don't do teh work but he won't go nuts at you like some do:p

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
melsc said:
As will I :)

James you and me are gonna have fun finding LU right after intro, we are going to be so late to torts since we have no idea where it is lol..
arrr LU I believe is on the other part of parra campus - there's a walkway to get to there from the main campus, it's away from the main campus going towards parramatta :eek:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yeah all I know is its on the other campus...I was considering getting in my car and driving across lol
That's not a bad idea, there's easy parking on the other campus and it's alot more comfortable. If you take the m4 home the easiest way to get back onto it from the north campus, is to go back to the main campus, go around the round about and exit the main campus :eek:

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
LU - is that on the other side of Parramatta campus?? I didn't even know there were classes over there and its so hard to get over there by car, is it really that far to walk?? hehe listen to me wingeing...

i have like a 9 - 11 in EDG and then a 11 - 1 in LU...

Hey where is EDG74???

Last edited:
L

LaraB

Not-That-Bright said:
That's not a bad idea, there's easy parking on the other campus and it's alot more comfortable. If you take the m4 home the easiest way to get back onto it from the north campus, is to go back to the main campus, go around the round about and exit the main campus :eek:
don't drive over though if you have class on the main campus afterwards because you wil never get a spot on the main campus again... 1st few weeks it's always really full

Angel45

HSC
melsc said:
As will I :)

James you and me are gonna have fun finding LU right after intro, we are going to be so late to torts since we have no idea where it is lol..
My torts lesson was in LU.. so funny... I turned up 1st day of torts to ESa1 where it was originally going to be, then it changed... so a few of us were madly trying to find LU and we thought the bridge thing that goes across into the Rydalmere hospital thing went into the other campus. LOL. no such luck so we're madly trying to scurry across james ruse drive... good 1st yr memory :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)