Share your overall English marks please!! (1 Viewer)

nerd_2b

HSC
I want to also know how you study for English? Is it mainly about essays, or is there more to it..?? Helppp.....how can I get a Band 6.

HSC
i get mostly 85%+
um...i just learn techniques & stuff. not really a secret to how i study...

LordPc

HSC
you can get a high band 5 memorising essays. even a high band 6 is the hsc questions line up with your memorised essays perfectly.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Isn't it so much easier if you do? Rote learn and cram hard. Easy way to get good marks.

narrowpin

HSC
made good essays, memorised them. did not ever read the texts, nor my related texts. pick foreign related texts, they work great.

diametric

HSC
94 for Advanced.
You need to be able to write analytical, sophisticated, powerful essays, memorise them, and be able to adapt them to any question. You should also have a thorough knowledge of your texts, if you need to call upon info not in your essay to answer the question. But the rule of thumb is: answer the rubric. questions comes from rubric. answer the question.

jono1887

HSC
i disagree... memorising essays is probably the worst way to go about it. Its better to understand concepts, improve your vocabulary, memorise quotes.. far better than just memorising 1500 words and having no essay writing skills when you reach uni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)