Share your tips to get the elusive upgrade to Business/First Class (1 Viewer)

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Ok i thought it would be worth creating a thread, in order to help fellow inthermixers on how to get that elusive upgrade on a flight.

Please share us your tips

Here's mine, ok you know on these silly transatlantic carriers such as BA, Virgin, United and so on, where you have massive queues at Sydney, LAX and Heathrow (I take other carriers to the USA where there is no queue) but in any case one time I was forced into flying one of these stupid carriers. I did the following to get upgraded. I parked in the SHORT TERM car park at Sydney Airport. I then went to face the massive queue to check in as an economy passanger, however, just where the queue starts there is always the proverbial stupid woman from the airline. So I played dumb and I said to her "excuse me, I am in plenty of time but this queue is massive" and she looked and I kept saying "do you think I will have time to move the car from the short term to the long term car park after I check in?"

The stupid ariline woman looked bewildered and said "but you cannot do that because you then represent a risk to us as you are checking in bags and then if you are not able to park in the long term on time for the flight you could delay the whole flight" I said "well, I am sorry but I came here with plenty of time, it is not my fault that the queue is so massive, and besides I only have hand luggage, I will not check any bags so what is the problem" So the woman said "yes but no, ok let me see, go here and check in business class please". She then opened the rope and put me in there.

At that point this proverbial African guy in the economy queue sees me and starts yelling "hey, look at him... etc" but it is too late, the airline woman says "no he is a special passanger sir, etc." Now I am at the business class desk in this proverbial stupid transatlantic airline and the girl in the counter says "so who are you?" and I explain the situation with the parking and I then say "is there any chance of an upgrade" She says "let me see, OK yes". So now I am upgraded to the flat bed (a 3500 GBP ticket using a 400 GBP ticket) and I am given a "priority security" pass as have all other business class passangers in this elitist airline. Now I am very relaxed and go to move my car from the short term to the long term car park. I then come back and very relaxed avoid all of these stupid lines going through the normal security, and I get to the plane in no time and off I went. I arrived in LAX very relaxed.:D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Once got a free upgrade to First class because Economy didn't have any seats left. Wasn't really a tactic or anything, they just overbooked Economy for that flight.

musing

HSC
Once got a free upgrade to First class because Economy didn't have any seats left. Wasn't really a tactic or anything, they just overbooked Economy for that flight.
Same here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)