Should i be worried? (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
We brought home a brand new car today. One thing i noticed while i was at the dealer was that on the bonnet, if you stood at a certain angle, you could see 'streaks' or a 'wavy' appearance as if the paint had been sprayed unevenly. It looks like it is the paint, not the clear coating, that is wavy. I told the dealer and he got a cloth to rub over it. I stepped aside without realising (now that i remember) and missed it. Ive brought it home and tried to 'wipe' it off with a wet sponge but it didnt move. Should i be concerned? Should i take it back and complain?

cheers.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
kimmeh said:
We brought home a brand new car today. One thing i noticed while i was at the dealer was that on the bonnet, if you stood at a certain angle, you could see 'streaks' or a 'wavy' appearance as if the paint had been sprayed unevenly. It looks like it is the paint, not the clear coating, that is wavy. I told the dealer and he got a cloth to rub over it. I stepped aside without realising (now that i remember) and missed it. Ive brought it home and tried to 'wipe' it off with a wet sponge but it didnt move. Should i be concerned? Should i take it back and complain?

cheers.
Best way to see if it's been resprayed would be to open it up and look around the parts where it screws onto the frame.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Well, try using some cut and polish, and see if it clears up. If not, like NTB said, check if it has been resprayed (often in places like under the rear window seal, just lift it up with a credit card, or something). It being resprayed can often mean that the car was once in a crash, and different (coloured) parts had to be sourced to fix it. Be very suspicious - the last thing you want is a car that was crashed.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
haha guys its a brand new car ordered straight from the dealers :p

seremify: i suspected that. i took it to the dealers today and showed them. they told me to come back tommorow *urgh* so the person who works on the cars can have a look. they suspect the car has paint protection on it. the person who applied paint protection probably forgot to wipe that area in propely when it was applied leaving the funny streaks. if it is paint protection, someones driving a car without it who hasnt paid for it :p theyre going to make sure it is paint protection before buffing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)