Should I change my subjects for next year? (1 Viewer)

Should I change my subjects for next year?

• Total voters

Dark Carnage

HSC
I'm planning to study psychology at uni, and I was wondering whether I should change my subjects for next year (going into year 11). My current subjects include Business Studies, Legal Studies, Economics, Advanced Math, Advanced English and IST or possibly TVET. I want to try to get the highest possible atar I can, since the degree I do is quite competitive, but are these subjects going to help me achieve that?

Kyufruit

HSC
I'm planning to study psychology at uni, and I was wondering whether I should change my subjects for next year (going into year 11). My current subjects include Business Studies, Legal Studies, Economics, Advanced Math, Advanced English and IST or possibly TVET. I want to try to get the highest possible atar I can, since the degree I do is quite competitive, but are these subjects going to help me achieve that?
If you like your subjects, and you’re confident that you’ll do well in them, then yes these subjects will definitely help you achieve your goal.

ColdMint123

HSC
what subjects do you want to change?

As Kyufriut said, if these are the subject you really like then i suggest you keep them because you are going to enjoy doing them. It helps a lot when you have to pretty much be studying these subjects everyday for the next two years.

Dark Carnage

HSC
It's difficult to say since I haven't actually experienced how the subjects are like yet so right now it's mostly guesswork. Also what's the deal with scaling, I've heard that some subjects are scaled better then others and you should try and do more of those subjects e.g physics

Kyufruit

HSC
It's difficult to say since I haven't actually experienced how the subjects are like yet so right now it's mostly guesswork. Also what's the deal with scaling, I've heard that some subjects are scaled better then others and you should try and do more of those subjects e.g physics
That is needed true. Subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, 4u Maths, Languages, etc scale really well. HOWEVER, such subjects will screw you over if you’re not good at them. So it’s better to do low scaling subjects and do WELL in them, then high scaling subjects and fail them. Likewise, if you’re good at those high scaling subjects though, go for it and pick them!

If you’re worried about how the subjects are since you haven’t taken them yet, look at the syllabus and watch some lectures on them online (you’ll find a lot of hsc lectures on YouTube, specially now with covid and all), and see how you go, wether you enjoy them, etc.

Keep in mind you do have a couple of weeks/months to change subjects, so don’t worry too much and see how you go.

all the best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)