Should I do 13 units for my hsc? (1 Viewer)

Greninja340

HSC
I am not sure what to drop for next year. I am doing: Maths Advanced, Maths extension 1, English advanced, Bio, Chem, Phys and Legal studies. I dont want to drop legal because I am good at it and enjoy it and my weakest subject is English (but cant drop it). And my second worst subject is Chemistry, however I dont want to drop it as i want to do medicine and i feel if i work harder i could do really well in it (I underestimated its difficulty and so didnt study as hard as i should have). I dont want to drop bio or phys because I find both of the subjects interesting. Should i keep all my units or should drop a subject, I am not sure what to drop. I was thinking of dropping the subject in which i do the worst in the prelim exams and was wondering if this is a good idea.

beetree1

HSC
i feel like it is safer to drop subjects after Task 2 of internals because then you would have a more definite understanding of your strengths and weaknesses because based on my personal experience, I was about to drop a subject I actually turned out to do quite well in for tasks 2 and 3!

SplashJuice

HSC
Drop; simply put you have more time to spend on the other subjects. Also I don't think Chemistry is a requirement for Medicine (take this with a grain of salt) as my friend last year didn't do either Physics or Chemistry and he is doing medicine now. Usually a 99+ ATAR with a combination of good UCAT score and interview is needed for medicine. Far as I know , I don't think Chemistry isn't a requirement.

DanielTheMan

HSC
Remember you cant pick up subjects after you drop them so make sure you have a definite idea of your strengths and weaknesses before making the decision/ as what everyone else says, do your assessments and make your judgment based on the results.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Drop; simply put you have more time to spend on the other subjects. Also I don't think Chemistry is a requirement for Medicine (take this with a grain of salt) as my friend last year didn't do either Physics or Chemistry and he is doing medicine now. Usually a 99+ ATAR with a combination of good UCAT score and interview is needed for medicine. Far as I know , I don't think Chemistry isn't a requirement.
Yeah, it's only standard English. Also, I recommend that's best to keep a backup subject just in case you mess up in one. However, if you are confident and don't want to take the extra stress and burden of an extra subject then just drop and concentrate hard on those subjects. See how it goes, and take your teacher's feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)