Should I do 4u? (1 Viewer)

Arrowshaft

HSC
Hey, I currently go to a school ranked about 250s and I am considering doing 4u. My mark in the first assessment task we got for extension was 99% (average was 56%) and my 2u mark was 100% but the thing is our school has easy tests and IDK if the kids are actually trying. I would just pick up 4u and see how it goes and if I don’t like it, I’d drop it, however I’m planning on dropping bio next year since I suck at it (24/30 for first assessment and 86% for stupid depth study) and if I do I’ll have 10 units sooo, idk wheter to take the risk with 4u.

Some side info, I did do some practice papers and Baulko 3u half yearly I got 86% and Girraween and Sydney Tech Ive done a lot and consistently get 89-93% and NSB I get around 85% but the thing is since I don’t got to these selective schools I HAVE NO IDEA how their avg is or what mark is a good mark so I’m left with a range of possibilities. Also my confidence has gone down because I recently attempted the independent prelim exams and found them to be difficult, can someone tell me if these independent exams are supposed to be harder than even the baulko ones i tried?

So please help me I don’t wanna screw up my ATAR lol.

My subjects:

Maths (3U)
Phys
Chem
Bio
Eng (Adv.)
SDD (dropping next year)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I currently go to a school ranked about 250s and I am considering doing 4u. My mark in the first assessment task we got for extension was 99% (average was 56%) and my 2u mark was 100% but the thing is our school has easy tests and IDK if the kids are actually trying. I would just pick up 4u and see how it goes and if I don’t like it, I’d drop it, however I’m planning on dropping bio next year since I suck at it (24/30 for first assessment and 86% for stupid depth study) and if I do I’ll have 10 units sooo, idk wheter to take the risk with 4u.

Some side info, I did do some practice papers and Baulko 3u half yearly I got 86% and Girraween and Sydney Tech Ive done a lot and consistently get 89-93% and NSB I get around 85% but the thing is since I don’t got to these selective schools I HAVE NO IDEA how their avg is or what mark is a good mark so I’m left with a range of possibilities. Also my confidence has gone down because I recently attempted the independent prelim exams and found them to be difficult, can someone tell me if these independent exams are supposed to be harder than even the baulko ones i tried?

So please help me I don’t wanna screw up my ATAR lol.

My subjects:

Maths (3U)
Phys
Chem
Bio
Eng (Adv.)
SDD (dropping next year)
Baulko exams are considered to be really easy by most people, and yes Independent exams are meant to be much harder than those, so don't feel down about it!
If you want a good indication do Sydney grammar or North sydney boys papers and tell us how you go, as they are the tough ones.
With that being said with 86% you should probably be fine to do 4u. Pick it up see how you go in the first term and drop bio after the first exam if your finding it doable.
Doing 4u certainly has its advantages! :smile:

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Tbh I found 4u much much more interesting and fun than 3u. If you like maths I think you'll like 4u. 3u was really bland to be honest it's the same questions everytime but in 4u they can come up with some cool stuff so it's fun :D

Arrowshaft

HSC
Thanks guys for your help! Ill definitely try more NSB and Sydney Grammar.

Xzyle

HSC
Meanwhile the Shore 2018 prelim 4U math paper was death... half the class failed yeet

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Just Do It. Although you go to a low-ranked school, you are obviously good in maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)