Should I do EXT 2 ENGLISH OR EXT 2 MATHS??? (1 Viewer)

Should I do MATHS EXT 2 or ENGLISH EXT 2?

• English EXT2

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • MATHS EXT2

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Total voters

jimmy.chu232

HSC
I hope the teacher isn't too cranky if I bother her all the time about the major work drafts.....

Do you think she'd mind?

jimmy.chu232

HSC
Depends how organised you are, you should have your major work drafts done ASAP to allow ample time for proofreading, editing, etc.
I awlays prepare drafts 3 weeks early but I'm worried about getting feedback because I'm worried my adv or ext teacher may bite considering they claim they are always too busy. I want to access them but accesibility to feedback is an issue

jimmy.chu232

HSC
One more question can u tell me what the other two assessments for english ext 2 are about aside from viva voce?????

jimmy.chu232

HSC
But is it
How many teachers are asking you the questions?
The task specifies that you have to have a 'panel' of teachers, so it could be anywhere between 2-5. Usually, there are 2 teachers who are members of the panel (based on my friends' and my experience).
Is it between you and teacher?
It depends on your school, but most likely it's just between you and your teachers.
Is it between you and other english teachers or english ext 2 teachers only?
Again, depends on your school, but most likely it will be the ext 2 teachers.
How long is the presentation?
Presentation is between 15-20 minutes. You get some of the questions they'll ask you beforehand so you have a bit of preparation, but some are on the spot and are usually very simple (they ask these to clarify your work).
What happens if you stumble? (I stumble with my words all the time) Do you lose marks?
Unfortunately, yes. One of the marking criteria is 'presents highly developed responses that express complex ideas with clarity and precision.' So you need to articulate yourself quite well if you want to get in the highest range.

With regards to your creative writing, it's a difficult skill to master and English teachers often beat around the bush when giving feedback, etc. The only real way to improve creative writing is to practise and get good feedback to improve. Be familiar with language devices and all that jazz, as this will improve your writing heavily. (It's also especially important to have a fair level of creative writing as the new English syllabus with mod 3 may ask you to write an imaginative piece). If you want feedback on some of your written work, just send it through to me and I'll be more than happy to feedback. :)
If you burned out preparing for Yr MX1 Yearly, you have to find out if you are cut out for it and are approaching the subject correctly.
If you can make it to Epping, I'd be happy to check you out and advise you. No charge for this.
Again, depends on the school. You need to ask your teachers for the exact requirements, but obviously you need to demonstrate some capability of completing the course.
If you have a subject that you don't really want to do and are happy to drop it, then do it. It's better to focus your time on 11 units and do really well than do 13 to an average standard. If you don't want to drop anything, then don't, just ensure you can manage your time properly.
Wait if you do 11 units doesn't that mean you can only afford to fail in an ext subject?

jimmy.chu232

HSC
I think I just burn out with maths in general....there is like too many things to study
If you burned out preparing for Yr MX1 Yearly, you have to find out if you are cut out for it and are approaching the subject correctly.
If you can make it to Epping, I'd be happy to check you out and advise you. No charge for this.

Heresy

HSC
I think, if you can, choose both. Don't forget that you can drop MX2 and EX2 at any time if you feel like the workload is too much to handle. But also take into account what you want to do at uni; if you are wanting to go into software, business and sciences I would suggest picking MX2, however if you are heading on the law and arts side of things choose EX2.

Additionally, how are your other subjects going? If you aren't well in one of them you can drop it to make more time to study MX2 or EX2, as well as your other subjects.

jimmy.chu232

HSC
I thought of doing both ext 2 but Im worried of burning out....

My other three subjects are geo, eco and bio.

I smashed the cohort with geo and with eco....

Bio: everyone just did bad but I keep getting twice the average but still bad

jimmy.chu232

HSC
I think, if you can, choose both. Don't forget that you can drop MX2 and EX2 at any time if you feel like the workload is too much to handle. But also take into account what you want to do at uni; if you are wanting to go into software, business and sciences I would suggest picking MX2, however if you are heading on the law and arts side of things choose EX2.

Additionally, how are your other subjects going? If you aren't well in one of them you can drop it to make more time to study MX2 or EX2, as well as your other subjects.
I was thinking of dropping a subject to do both ext but it aint worth it

jimmy.chu232

HSC
The project is usually due around the end of August, but it changes year to year. As for assessments, the school determines them. However, they're usually something about the composition process or a critical analysis.
Do you also know when the 4 unit english interviews start?

I'm returning week 2 of school, I'm worried I may miss out.....

If I do miss out, what should I do????

jimmy.chu232

HSC
It's completely dependant on your school and the protocols they have in place, but I'd suggest emailing the head of department to confirm the interview times and, if you miss out, let him/her know you are interested.
Okay because I'm super worried that I may miss out and that class has already started

jimmy.chu232

HSC

I think i like all my other subjects so yea....two ext is a nightmare

jimmy.chu232

HSC
It's completely dependant on your school and the protocols they have in place, but I'd suggest emailing the head of department to confirm the interview times and, if you miss out, let him/her know you are interested.
Also should I approach her if I cant get in? As in didn't pass the interview to get into ext 2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)