should i do french for my hsc? (1 Viewer)

rud

HSC
hi was just wondering about the basic look of the french scene in the hsc? i have the option of doing french continues as an accelerated course. i did french at my old school for 6-7 years so I'm very confident about being able to catch up with any writing sections however I'm not very confident about my listening.

do u think it might be worth it?

for more context;
I'm doing
English advanced
math advanced
ancient history
history extension
business studies

(I'm hoping to drop business and do french honestly but idk if ill fair well. i need to do an aptitude test for it soon as well.)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
hi was just wondering about the basic look of the french scene in the hsc? i have the option of doing french continues as an accelerated course. i did french at my old school for 6-7 years so I'm very confident about being able to catch up with any writing sections however I'm not very confident about my listening.

do u think it might be worth it?

for more context;
I'm doing
English advanced
math advanced
ancient history
history extension
business studies

(I'm hoping to drop business and do french honestly but idk if ill fair well. i need to do an aptitude test for it soon as well.)
i completed an accelerated language (not French though) and i thought it was very rewarding and fun if you're willing to put in the effort, if you feel you can catch up pretty easily and are interested in it then you should definitely go for it

as for listening, it was my worst component of the language course (the first listening component for an assessment earlier this year I got 16/25), but there's no other way to improve other than just practising. since french also has a beginners course, you can start practising with the listening from the beginners hsc papers then as you get more proficient with the continuers course progeess slowly to the continuers one (but if your school is using a textbook you're definitely going to have some listening practice there too). my listening mark from the beginning of this year was terrible, but by trials i received a mark in the 20s, so i think just practising with listening consistently should bring you up to speed, as well as being careful to translate basically everything the speaker is saying and filling in gaps where needed

rud

HSC
i completed an accelerated language (not French though) and i thought it was very rewarding and fun if you're willing to put in the effort, if you feel you can catch up pretty easily and are interested in it then you should definitely go for it

as for listening, it was my worst component of the language course (the first listening component for an assessment earlier this year I got 16/25), but there's no other way to improve other than just practising. since french also has a beginners course, you can start practising with the listening from the beginners hsc papers then as you get more proficient with the continuers course progeess slowly to the continuers one (but if your school is using a textbook you're definitely going to have some listening practice there too). my listening mark from the beginning of this year was terrible, but by trials i received a mark in the 20s, so i think just practising with listening consistently should bring you up to speed, as well as being careful to translate basically everything the speaker is saying and filling in gaps where needed
hi did u have any previous experience with the language? i did hindi as an accelerated course but that was easy because I'm proficient in it

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
hi did u have any previous experience with the language? i did hindi as an accelerated course but that was easy because I'm proficient in it
i did japanese continuers and finished my hsc earlier this month, but at the time i picked the accel subject in y8 my knowledge of japanese only came from the mandatory language hours in y7 and 8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)