should i drop maths? (1 Viewer)

monopoly73

HSC
i am currently doing 2 unit maths but it is my worst subject and i want to drop it. i got 37% in my topic test and came second last. i really want to drop it because it is my worse subject and even if i continue it it probably wont even cout towards my atar as they only take your top 5 subjects. but my teachers told me to keep it as a backup, so i dont know if i should keep it or not

integral95

HSC
well if you're doing really well in your other 5 subjects, drop it.

suika

HSC
I've seen people jump from getting 30% to 70-80% throughout the whole HSC year.

If really want to do well in the subject and intend on pursing any education that requires this level of maths then keep it, otherwise drop it (however there are various bridging courses available). At the end of the day, if you keep the subject, will you make an effort? If you don't, it's pointless to keep it + it won't be counted as your top 5 subjects.

It'll also depend on your other subjects (i.e. if you need that level of maths for the subjects your doing).

astroman

HSC
only drop it if you can perform well in ur remaining 10 units, otherwise keep it and try your best, it wouldn't be best to drop to gen either considering u would of had missed a few tasks and would be well behind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)