Should I drop? (1 Viewer)

Nm00055

HSC
I currently have 14 units, and would reaally like to drop something. However, I have no clue at all.
My subjects:
Society and Culture: Ranked 1st
3U Maths (which I'm doing rather badly in)
Ext History
Advanced English
Modern History: Ranked 4
Chemistry
Biology
I've found that I really hate Ext History, but I think I could do well. I'm honestly considering between dropped 3U math or Ext history. I dunno if its better to focus on the subjects I do well in and drop the others, or keep a backup. Please help?

popjin

HSC
My advice would be to drop both extensions which will free up a massive amount of time for you to ace your other subjects. Only 10 units will count towards your HSC, and so having 12 will still give you 2 units as a backup. No point spending that much time on extensions which may not even count towards your ATAR unless you enjoy them.

JeydinNewWon

HSC
First time Hscbuzman is giving good advice! If you hate something there’s no point keeping it (especially at 14 units)
This. If you hate a subject, you don't wanna study for it. Nor do you have the passion to go ahead and find inspiration to actively learn extensively. And it'll just stress you out more when you get bad marks for it. Really, I suggest dropping it and focusing on 10 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)