Should I get a netbook?! (1 Viewer)

WEMG

HSC
I tend to type my notes a lot at home but my computer is located in the lounge room (parents don't trust me) and my little brother always turns the TV on even when hes not looking at it. So I was wondering if it would be worth it to purchase one of those little netbooks so I can use it in my room. Anyone here use them and find them useful?

Pyrobooby

HSC
Provided you don't install too much crap onto it, they are useful, but the small screen is a downside; eyes tire easily IMO.

Netbook keyboards can be a bitch, if you do get one try and aim for one with the most confortable keyboard.

Or you can just wire up an external keyboard if you want to.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I used my netbook all year long and it was the only computer I used (had). It's what I'm using now... they're a decent contraption if you ask me and well worth the investment for the final year of schooling.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I think your better off just trying to get a full size laptop. Netbooks are only really usefull if your taking them everywhere, hence their convenient size.

HSC
Uni Grad
New 11" MacBook Air... get it from US store since exchange rate is awesome, save $200.

HSC
Uni Grad
parents don't trust me
So your rents don't trust you with a computer in your room but are fine with a much more concealable netbook? Also, it's much easier to masturbate to a laptop than a desktop and not get caught. With a desktop, you have to constantly check the door, with a laptop, you can just sit in bed with the covers and have a pull and the laptop screen covers your junk. Since you're a girl, I guess it's even easier...

enchanted_

HSC
I think it's worth it because we get to keep them if we stay until Year 12. I'm not sure about the Government's supply, but we're having software installed on ours. (We're getting ours through the Parish because I'm at a Catholic school). Apparently with the software, we can't do anything social, which I guess is the point, but that's a bit annoying. I wonder if they'll uninstall the software when it's time for us to keep them?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
New 11" MacBook Air... get it from US store since exchange rate is awesome, save $200.
The prices are still the same rate as when the dollar was worth shit, Apple are stingey little bitches and want money.

I think it's worth it because we get to keep them if we stay until Year 12. I'm not sure about the Government's supply, but we're having software installed on ours. (We're getting ours through the Parish because I'm at a Catholic school). Apparently with the software, we can't do anything social, which I guess is the point, but that's a bit annoying. I wonder if they'll uninstall the software when it's time for us to keep them?
I won't be keeping my netbook beyond this year though; I'll be purchasing a Macbook Pro of course, to escape the clutches of the Windows and Microsoft world (and also because linux is pissing me off too).

Netbooks are good for a while, but you do get bored of them.... Also, you can type all that fast on them and you lose your regular typing rhythms.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I've got a laptop now and getting a netbook for Christmas. They're only really any good if you know how to optimise the machine or run a decent Linux distribution.

But yeah, masturbating with a laptop is so much easier, I jizzed so hard the first time I did it.

Also, lol Macs. Enjoy your closed down system.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I use my netbook to do work, i.e. write notes and update dotpoints. I intend on getting a Macbook Pro during Uni.
N.B. Macbooks are sexy.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
i had a shitty old laptop for the past year and it was shit and then my mum got a netbook for me and it was okay as long as you dont do anything... but if you actually tried to use it for anything more than youtube and word it just died, i tried opening a 4mb pdf and it froze... and that was chem notes.
yeah... now i have a pretty good laptop and i'd recommend just getting a laptop instead. but if u have a desktop u may aswell get a netbook and just not do anything challenging on it... unless it has an okay cpu or whatever, the netbook i had, had an atom... horrible piece of work...

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Hand writing notes is so much better IMO, but if you must type, Netbooks are pretty handy, you can take them to school, and work on notes during free periods etc. Probably worth the investment.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
My family owns (functional at the moment) two netbooks and four PCs. Netbooks get clogged up so quickly and run ridiculously slow.

My next computer will be a PC - I have gone through two laptop batteries in 3 years ($400) so that's put me off.

HSC
Uni Grad
My family owns (functional at the moment) two netbooks and four PCs. Netbooks get clogged up so quickly and run ridiculously slow.

My next computer will be a PC - I have gone through two laptop batteries in 3 years ($400) so that's put me off.
This only happens if you're a noob.

erfaz

HSC
i bought a asus eepc sea shell series and i love it, deadset recommend

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Everyone complains about netbooks running slowly, that's because most people are stupid enough to be running Windows on them. Ubuntu netbook will work so much more efficiently than Windows.

maths94

HSC
so your rents don't trust you with a computer in your room but are fine with a much more concealable netbook? Also, it's much easier to masturbate to a laptop than a desktop and not get caught. With a desktop, you have to constantly check the door, with a laptop, you can just sit in bed with the covers and have a pull and the laptop screen covers your junk. Since you're a girl, i guess it's even easier...
legend!

stevebucknor1

HSC
N/A
I tend to type my notes a lot at home but my computer is located in the lounge room (parents don't trust me) and my little brother always turns the TV on even when he is not looking at it. So according to me it is very important to have netbook. It is very easy to work with it and it doesn't waste time but it saves the time so it is very important to have netbook.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
The world is not gonna end if you don't have a netbook.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I tend to type my notes a lot at home but my computer is located in the lounge room (parents don't trust me) and my little brother always turns the TV on even when he is not looking at it. So according to me it is very important to have netbook. It is very easy to work with it and it doesn't waste time but it saves the time so it is very important to have netbook.
Get out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)