should i keep 6 subjects (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey guys, im doing basically the same in all of my subjects, I was thinking about keeping all 6 cos the worst is English which i cant drop, and just incase i do shit in others, is it possible to get a high atar whilst keeping six subjects or am I limiting myself? also is there any benefit of doing six subjects, or any contribution of thee sixth to my atar

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It is definitely possible to get a high ATAR with 6 subjects. A lot of people do in fact. The only thing with 6 subjects is that you need to study more because you're doing more subjects. If you study regularly and get good marks, you won't be limiting yourself. The main benefit of doing 6 subjects is that you have a backup subject in case you don't do well in one of your subjects, meaning the subject you didn't do well in won't affect your ATAR.

yanujw

HSC
Keep in mind that 2 units of english will always be counted towards your atar (boo!). So assuming you have 12 units, there will be one subject that won't count towards your ATAR, and it won't be english, so keep this in mind.

HSC
Keep in mind that 2 units of english will always be counted towards your atar (boo!). So assuming you have 12 units, there will be one subject that won't count towards your ATAR, and it won't be english, so keep this in mind.
HAHA ofcourse, but with all the others im getting relatively similar marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)