Silly mistakes (1 Viewer)

XRider

HSC
N/A
Hello Guys

I was just wondering, that if you know how to do a question in the hsc exam, and you done everything correct except for the last part, where you make a silly mistake (like substituting in the wrong value or something), do you lose some marks or will the examiner let you have full marks?

Thank you so much

rawrence

HSC
Guidelines will usually allocate a mark for correct answer "1 mark - provides the correct answer"

If you've done everything else correct, you should score most

caffeinated4

straws; I clutch at them
HSC
You'll lose one mark and if you don't make any more silly mistakes in that question then you'll only have lost one mark. But if part (ii) of that question or whatever requires you to use the answer that you found in part (i) (which you got incorrect due to that silly), part (ii) will be marked right for a 'carry on' error.

COLDBOY

HSC
Hello Guys

I was just wondering, that if you know how to do a question in the hsc exam, and you done everything correct except for the last part, where you make a silly mistake (like substituting in the wrong value or something), do you lose some marks or will the examiner let you have full marks?

Thank you so much
i went to the Maths Study Day that was held this year and there was a HSC Marker who was talking, he was talking about equivalent answers. For example if u have
integral(1/x) from 2 to 3 = ln(x) from 2 to 3 = ln3 - ln2 and then you tried to simplify this and u go ln3-ln2 = ln1 = 0 for example, he said that they might give you the marks because you had ln3-ln2 which is the equivalent answer. However im not sure, but yeah just a thought.

Username2

HSC
N/A
Will I get marks if i did the real stupid thing and didnt read the question, so i rotated the curve around the wrong line?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)