• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Singapore, Bangkok and KL (1 Viewer)

browniedx

HSC
Hi
My friends and I are planning sort of a whirlwind tour of these 3 cities in Feb next year, roughly 4-5 days in each place. Assuming flights and accommodation are OK, what sort of things can you guys recommend to see or do in each country? Mainly in bkk and kl as I have been to Singapore before and have a good idea of what there is to do there...
also we are all students on a tight budget so can't be too expensive =]
cheers

9733F

HSC
I'm a senior HSC geography student studying in Singapore.
If you require any more assistance for your Singapore stopover leg, more than willing to help.

:)

Borbor

HSC
My family and I went this Jan and let's just say, being Asian, we were very money-conscious.

If you want to save LCCs (Low Cost Carriers) are the way to go, you get crappy seats, no food, non-existent service but for a cheap price. Basically to get you to point B from point A at minimal costs. Try AirAsia or Tiger Airways.

As for recommendations,

Bangkok: YOU MUST visit the Floating Market!!! It's an hour and half's drive out of Bangkok but definitely worth it. It's like a mini map of canals (sorta Venice?) and if you hire your own private boat (300-400 Baht) you get the chance to see literally "floating markets" - shops on boats. Quite amazing really.

Near the floating market is also the "Elephant Village" and if you an fork out the $$ it's worth it. You get the chance to actually ride an elephant!

We also went to the Grand Palace - a bit boring after a while but still quite breath-taking.

KL: Wake up early in the morning and get to the Petronas Towers to get tickets up to the bridge connecting the towers. Tickets are free but go very quickly so you best get there quick. I'd definitely recommend this. If you have enough time in KL, try gonig to Genting Highlands - it's a cross between a tourist resort and mega mall (prices arent too bad either)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Borbor said:
My family and I went this Jan and let's just say, being Asian, we were very money-conscious.

If you want to save LCCs (Low Cost Carriers) are the way to go, you get crappy seats, no food, non-existent service but for a cheap price. Basically to get you to point B from point A at minimal costs. Try AirAsia or Tiger Airways.

As for recommendations,

Bangkok: YOU MUST visit the Floating Market!!! It's an hour and half's drive out of Bangkok but definitely worth it. It's like a mini map of canals (sorta Venice?) and if you hire your own private boat (300-400 Baht) you get the chance to see literally "floating markets" - shops on boats. Quite amazing really.

Near the floating market is also the "Elephant Village" and if you an fork out the $$ it's worth it. You get the chance to actually ride an elephant!

We also went to the Grand Palace - a bit boring after a while but still quite breath-taking.

KL: Wake up early in the morning and get to the Petronas Towers to get tickets up to the bridge connecting the towers. Tickets are free but go very quickly so you best get there quick. I'd definitely recommend this. If you have enough time in KL, try gonig to Genting Highlands - it's a cross between a tourist resort and mega mall (prices arent too bad either)
whats the name of the floating market in thailand?

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
in bangkok check out the tiger temple, its about 2 hours out of bangkok but you can hire a taxi for 2000baht for the whole day. we knocked over the elephant camp, quite unreal, the elephant pulled down the tree while we were on it. also the tiger is awesome, u actually get to sit down next to the tigers and pat them. also the elephant show is amazing, some of the tricks they did were unbelievable.

also check out the patpong markets, but be careful, lots of people will try and sell you stuff, the best thing to do is just pretend you cant hear them and keeep walking.

also the world trade centre (central world) is massive, go check it out if you want to go shopping, it isnt all that cheap, but still can find some cheap stuff if you look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)