skills needed to make an informed decision about alternative health care - WHAT THE (1 Viewer)

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
this is from my summary so its brief...

* be aware of "quacks"
* Take the time to select the natural therapist (compare and see who suits your needs best)
* Therapists are now accredited. Check for accreditation when you see them. Eg. "Australian Natural Therapists Association"

~SArAh~B~

personal consumer skills are:

*able to determine safe alternative health practices that you will benefit from.

*deconstructing messages, whats safe and whats not etc. and is this type of alternative medicine what you need or do you need to visit a health care doctor for a regular health check first.

*alternative health care approaches need to be recognised at looking at health holistically focusing on both mental, spiritual and physical.

Um I think thats the briefest summary i could give you.

holl

i said talk to the practitioner, ask about benefits, side effects. Ask to see accreditation and if they belong to an association like national chiropractors associtaion, talk to frinds and family about their experinces, look up the treatment on the internet and the library.

*10#

ok i must have been away or asleep the day we learnt that - errrrrrrrm so over it

eeyore

look for qualifications
ask friends/doctor for advice
research to find the type of alternative health care that's most appropriate for the individual

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)