Smart start quiz (1 Viewer)

H S C

HSC
Hi I am a first year commerce student who didnt complete this test by the due date (30th april)

What are the repercussions?

marmsie

HSC
I am not sure exactly what the smart start quiz is, but looking at the website it seems similar to the ILIP quiz of old.

The repercussions of not completing the quiz is that the library will withhold your final marks (same thing they will do to you if you fail to pay fines by the due date). They would, I assume, release your results once you finish the quiz, although it sometimes takes a while.

That being said, I can't find any reference to a due date for the quiz on the library site and I was able to start the quiz just then. Possibly the due date is set by the commerce faculty and your assignments from now will assume that you have completed the quiz, from memory ILIP used to contain questions on how to reference correctly and most likely Smart Start would too, so maybe from now on there are now excuses for not providing correct references in assignments or something else along those lines.

Though as I am not a commerce student, I am only guessing at the repercussions they have for not finishing the quiz and I would suggest (unless someone else here can say) you check with the people that set the due date you mentioned.

pman

Banned
HSC
I am not sure exactly what the smart start quiz is, but looking at the website it seems similar to the ILIP quiz of old.

The repercussions of not completing the quiz is that the library will withhold your final marks (same thing they will do to you if you fail to pay fines by the due date). They would, I assume, release your results once you finish the quiz, although it sometimes takes a while.

That being said, I can't find any reference to a due date for the quiz on the library site and I was able to start the quiz just then. Possibly the due date is set by the commerce faculty and your assignments from now will assume that you have completed the quiz, from memory ILIP used to contain questions on how to reference correctly and most likely Smart Start would too, so maybe from now on there are now excuses for not providing correct references in assignments or something else along those lines.

Though as I am not a commerce student, I am only guessing at the repercussions they have for not finishing the quiz and I would suggest (unless someone else here can say) you check with the people that set the due date you mentioned.
No, the due date is universal....all it means is that you now cannot receive any marks until you complete it....just log on and do it, they tell you when your wrong as you go along so its very easy

H S C

HSC
i completed it and i got the certificate thing so the date mustnt really matter lol

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I think it's more of a guideline than anything, mainly because some course give mid-session marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)