so...? crime fiction module A (1 Viewer)

frontin

HSC
It was relatively simple and that is why I'm worried.

The standard is going to be high.

erm

HSC
even though it was simple, i believe i performed somewhere in between shit and average. (that's what you get for studying the night before!)

patty4848

HSC
i actually thought it was quite difficult. having different 'angles' left the door open ajar for interpretation, so should be interesting for the essay. but yeah it couldnt have been an easier stimulus for the story!

frontin

HSC
LOL

I barely referred to my stimulus. My creative writing was classical, and I just incorporated forensic things from the stimulus along the way.

It was a "hybrid" disaster lmao.

Essay was fine, but then again easy question = high standard.

Last edited:

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
yeah i know
thought the essay question was very genralised and i know it was very superficial with raising the points

the story was ok, but i needed more time. i hope i referred to the pictures enough. but how would they know what 'idea' you drew from it. peoples minds are very imaginative and CRAZY...

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Me shite, slow writer, not enough time.

How many pages did everyone wrote?

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
around 12 for both

i write massive though so it doesnt count for anything.

it is also about quality- and well i feel i lack that :uhhuh:

mossieman

HSC
The essay question was much nicer then expected. I looked at how a society influences the methods of its crime solvers in unravelling mysteries.

The story rocked my socks! I used the idea of the forensic side of policing being "bullshit", and making my detective the old fashioned, hardboiled, get in there and cause shit approach.

Garygaz

HSC
Essay question was pretty much a conventions question, so no real big surprise there.

Creative, lol, what a joke. I went in nervous that I'd have to adapt my creative heaps than I didn't have to end up adapting it all.

@ people saying it was an easy question hence a high average, apparently guys doing post-mod and retreat, and I'm not sure about the others, thought it was hard. Looks like us CF kids are in with some luck.

jcsmith

HSC
I don't think I did too well now.

I interpreted 'angles' to mean the perspective of people like the detective and ehh...

I think conventions flew out the window.

Didn't really like the essay.

Story was okay though.. Except didn't quite finish.

drobby

Pwnage
HSC
Essay- Dont think it could of been easier, as diversification is what the whole thing is about....
Story- broad question, i think most people could easily adapt that stuff into the story, i had a hard boiled one prepared so it wasnt too hard...

finally, some time off, i just finished my 4 exams in 4days spell!

Squaddy

HSC
Thought it was pretty straightfoward. Question was open to diferent conforming/subverting texts, suited my thesis well.

Don't know if I did anything with it though. 11 pages, PB in the HSC so gotta be happy with that.

Creative was again very open. Didn't do well.

Thought it catered to basically anyone's thesis, so you'd have to do really well to stand out or recive that precious 21-25.

But its OVER!

HSC
patty4848 said:
it couldnt have been an easier stimulus for the story!
I just wrote my story as it was. the detective figure represented the 'idea' of forensics and deduction of facts...

HSC
I thought it was a great paper, probably couldnt have asked for better. :)

And to a those people worrying about length, roughly 10 pages each question is a great response according to Karen Yager.

The creative was so good, you could write about anything.

:)

So happy

DomHarris

HSC
Forgive my ignorance- who is karen yager?

P.S. reds are better than cardinals.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Marker for HSC english, pretty high up.

She guessed this years question, haha. I had a bet with her itd be vehicle for other focuses but she adament it was something to do with mystery.

patty4848

HSC
jcsmith said:
I don't think I did too well now.

I interpreted 'angles' to mean the perspective of people like the detective and ehh...

I think conventions flew out the window.

Didn't really like the essay.

Story was okay though.. Except didn't quite finish.
As i said there was no one interpretation of the question - Your interpretation is on the money as well as the ones who took it other ways. that's what i didn't like about the essay, the fact that it could be interpreted in a few different ways. as long as you were able to justify it and actually comment on the conventions of the genre throughout, because that was part of the marking criteria, you'll do fine.

focused

HSC
erm said:
even though it was simple, i believe i performed somewhere in between shit and average. (that's what you get for studying the night before!)
likewise but i managed 21 pages for essay, only 9 or 11 for creative

Allan vB

HSC
I wrote 16 pages for the essay and 18 for the creative...

Whay are people saying that the creative was easy?!?!?! I HATED IT! It was very partial to those who had planned a hardboiled-forensic allegory but for me, who had planned a cosy-parody, it was horrible! Anyone in the same predicament?

The essay question was a bit odd... I like the broad nature because it allowed for philosophical and sociological questioning. I'm hoping that my bigs words impress, total lol... I focued on how the crime genre was an exponent of society's emotiothough processes and the value placed on the human condition.

Here's hoping that the essay makes up for the story! Eeep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)