So far? (1 Viewer)

What is your impression of uni this year?

• Shit.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I don't turn up, so I don't know.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I tolerate it.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I think it's good.

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • I'm having the time of my life.

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
So, how is uni going for everybody this year?

For those who were glad to be back, do you still have the same opinion? For those who hate the place and want out, are you still of the same opinion? For first years, how do you enjoy it?

Do you have lecturers or tutors that you've grown to hate? Love? Are you even turning up to lectures?
How is your University of Wollongong experience?

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
its alrite i suppose. bit different from what i expected.
dont mind accounting. hate anatomy

ive already gotten into the habit of skipping lectures just so i can go home early haha

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'm not happy about the parking situation. Obviously they have accepted too many enrollments this year because I have never had such a hard time parking. They really need to sort it out because I am sick of waiting to get into the multistory.

I'm also a bit annoyed that 2 of my lecturers can't speak English to the point that I basically can't understand them. Why they are allowed to take lectures makes no sense to me.

Other than that I have a good timetable, my subjects are easy, I get to go to the beach every day and I'm not in any groups with international students that I can't understand so I guess it all balances out.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I managed to skip an entire week last week, so who knows.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
So, how is uni going for everybody this year?

For those who were glad to be back, do you still have the same opinion? For those who hate the place and want out, are you still of the same opinion? For first years, how do you enjoy it?

Do you have lecturers or tutors that you've grown to hate? Love? Are you even turning up to lectures?
How is your University of Wollongong experience?
I'm still definitely of the same opinion.

unfortunately.

auzbabe4christ

Hi. How are you?
HSC
im pretty much over uni this year already... probably because i just dont like

a) a subject i have -- it ruins the whole day if i have that one
b) a person i have to be with for an assignment -- ruins that class for me.

so i am sick of it, and wishing it was already over

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
This place doesn't have a library, not enough computers, ONE fucking book between 80 students for short-term loan (of a book which even Borders can't get in), dodgy printers...

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH PARKING?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

And all in one day. :mad:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
same old same old
i think im more committed this time around though

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Raiks said:
AND WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH PARKING?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!(
I'm going right now to find someone to email and complain to. It might not do any good but I am really getting sick of having to wait every time I try and park.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
this is seriously the worst i have ever seen it. never in my life have i had to drive around the entire uni to find a park. on three separate days i have been directed around behind urac after the south western, western and all other carparks are full. I was 30mins late for a tutorial because i was in a line to get into the multi storey carpark which wasnt moving.

the problem seems to be (and has always been) that the uni rely far too much on the idea that students will take public transport. the public transport system is nowhere near reliable enough to cater for the student population though, and its far too big a problem for the uni to handle.

instead of trying to improve the public transport system, the university needs to start looking at solutions closer to home. tom and i were thinking about the possibility of an off campus parking lot that ran shuttle buses to and from uni. And, they need to extend all the parking areas around the uni to unlimited parking. Fine, if you dont find a park on campus you can park off the street, but why the fuck would you make it a 2 hour limit. its so silly.

apart from that im half enjoying uni.
by half i mean my 2nd year subjects are unbelievably awesome.
my 1st year subjects are stupid and im only doing them because they are compulsory

iamsickofyear12

HSC
At this point I would even be ok with them increasing the price of parking to encourage more people to park on the street and walk, whatever it takes so that I don't have to keep waiting.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Born Dancer said:
this is seriously the worst i have ever seen it. never in my life have i had to drive around the entire uni to find a park. on three separate days i have been directed around behind urac after the south western, western and all other carparks are full. I was 30mins late for a tutorial because i was in a line to get into the multi storey carpark which wasnt moving.

the problem seems to be (and has always been) that the uni rely far too much on the idea that students will take public transport. the public transport system is nowhere near reliable enough to cater for the student population though, and its far too big a problem for the uni to handle.

instead of trying to improve the public transport system, the university needs to start looking at solutions closer to home. tom and i were thinking about the possibility of an off campus parking lot that ran shuttle buses to and from uni. And, they need to extend all the parking areas around the uni to unlimited parking. Fine, if you dont find a park on campus you can park off the street, but why the fuck would you make it a 2 hour limit. its so silly.

apart from that im half enjoying uni.
by half i mean my 2nd year subjects are unbelievably awesome.
my 1st year subjects are stupid and im only doing them because they are compulsory
i like the parking co-ordinators solution to you lauren
"get a bike"
speaks volumes about how much UOW cares

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
haha that was to sarah.. and its even worse because she lives in jamberoo! theres no train station in jamberoo!

Aussiechick

HSC
I think part of the problem with parking this year is that they have parking inspectors monitoring how many people can be in the western carpark at once. (Are they still doing that this week?) It was better when we could drive around and around and chase people to their cars because at least then luck played a part in getting a spot rather than being sent away when there's 'no parks.' That happened to me last week, and I drove around the uni once, went back in, got ushered into the carpark to discover that there was at least 30 empty spaces. wtf? obviously that counter at the front of the carpark doesn't work properly.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Usually the first few weeks of parking sucks ass... give it a month or two for people to start catching the bus/carpooling/walking/drop out and it should get better.
That said I've found a park (usually free) everytime I've driven in. Haha.

And I'm finally doing subjects I find interesting + enjoyable, hellelujah! I'm really enjoying uni this semester, even though I'm being loaded up with work and projects and whatnot.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Parking sucks. Library sucks (how on earth are you supposed to get anything constructive done with all that noise?). Duckpond lawn... doesn't exist. Which sucks, because there are no computers to bludge on during breaks. And I swear that there are more first years lining up at the bar like it's a fucking canteen than usual.

*sigh*, I guess 2007 is the year that UOW decided to drop the charade of being an innovative campus and instead go for broke.

Also - first years: it gets said every year, but don't line up at the unibar. It's a bar. And don't give me evils when I walk right past your pretty little line and get served before 90 of you.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Usually the first week is bad but parking problems should be gone by now. I've never had these problems in week 3 before.

Whoever decided the duckpond lawn needed to be redone during the session is a moron. There are too many people around for that big of a space to be wasted.

Last week I went into the unibar and the line was out of the door. I walked all the way around it and straight to the bar, got served in less than 30 seconds. I don't know why they continue to stand in line when it is obvious people are going straight up to the front just to the left of where they are all lined up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)