So lost it ><" (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm so confuse, today we did a prac where we have a beaker and in it it had a 5 cent coin and i think zinc (bar shape). It was like galvasing or something, anyway my teacher was going on about how the oxidation (which is zinc of course) is now the reduction and the coin is the oxidation (wtf!!!) .... what is this????

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
I'm so confuse, today we did a prac where we have a beaker and in it it had a 5 cent coin and i think zinc (bar shape). It was like galvasing or something, anyway my teacher was going on about how the oxidation (which is zinc of course) is now the reduction and the coin is the oxidation (wtf!!!) .... what is this????
OKAY
what you do in Topic 1 is set up a galvanic cell which creates electrical energy from chemical energy (ie electricity is produced) [ie is spontaneous]

when u supply electrical energy, then, it makes sense that this can be converted into chemical energy - so when u supply electricity (as u did in this prac, which is different to a galvanic cell), it causes the redox reaction to take place....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)