So...what happens when we fail? (1 Viewer)

~FeLiCiTy~

HSC
Hi, just a newbie here....just wanted to know what happens when you fail a unit (or two) ? I'm doing a B.A, 1st yr, and failed 2 units (the joys) and both were my intended majors (ironic yes)....

Just a bit confused on a few things:
-does the fail mark count towards the average?
-do i need to repeat those units if theyre both pre requisites for senior yr subjects or can i do senior units next yr and repeat the pre requisites in my third yr??

sorry if its random...just curious...

cuivienen

HSC
I was wondering the same thing. I'm in third year (failed one course this semester)...going into 2008 to finish a few more BA courses...I really hope I don't have to take that course again next year because there was a reason I failed it... :p

This is the first time I've failed a course in my three years of study, so I was wondering what happens in this case?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Musk said:
Your average gets effected and you cannot enroll into any subjects without doing the requisities
I enrolled in CHEM1102 in first semester (which I did moderately well in, unlike in 2402) despite not having the prereq. You just need to negotiate it with the year co-ordinator, or the course coordinator. If you have a good reason then I imagine they'd let you do the senior subjects. Yay!

In my case, I just have to repeat 2402 in semester 2 next year. Pushes my degree back a bit but makes the last two semesters light on the credit poiots hurrah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)