social change? (1 Viewer)

joey_1234

HSC
what did everyone put for the short answer q about Christianity's development due to social change?? ......

superbird

HSC
i said st vincent de paul??? and mentioned some stuff about great depression

golferjim

HSC
Such a crap- open ended broad question. But i wrote about Education

joey_1234

HSC
yeah thats what i wrote too superbird.. some of those short answer questions were so left field... just worded really strangely (it took me ages to work out exactly what they were asking for)

liddy

umm i did stuff bout social change re. sexuality and focused on the uniting church.. please do not tell me thats entirely wrong.....aarrrghhhhh

HSC
Sexuality ---- hahaha that's probably completely off hahahaha oh well. Some guy I talked to after wrote about his local church hahahaha.

For that Aboriginal Spirituality question ... the 3 marker ... what the hell was that on about? I wrote about corroborees and tent embassy lol - thankgod I R.E. doesn't count.

nattylee

HSC
i wrote about inter-faith dialogue between christian churches and islamic traditions since september 11th. it was the only thing i could think of at the time. i talked to my teacher afterwards and she thinks that it was so broad that it doesnt matter what you wrote, so long as you identified what the social change was and what christian churches were doing about it

pukkatukka

galoomp
HSC
i did the the social dependence of the education system on christianity... how it changed/ developed throughout the 21st century..??

rara

Penticostalism

I said increase in Penticostalism as people become disilusioned with taditional denominations. also they want a more active denomination in these "troubled times" ....really had no idea

ullneverknow

if the little green light is on, u can find me in
HSC
N/A
horrible horrible horrible questions

I thought this question was horrible!!!!!!!! At first I thought social change would be like homosexuality, asylum seekers, injecting rooms etc BUT the Christanity didn't develop anything it just voiced their opinon SO then i thought hey it's probably homelessness, unemployment etc BUT that's not really a social change because it's always been present
In the end i wrote about the latter

NeRdY

HSC
pentecostal 4 me 2! I am afraid i did it in the last 5 mins to go! i had no idea wat to write here cause it was so broad!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i talked about social changes as in what people want from their religion.. influence of the new age stuff and an increase in pentecostal
probably wrong but meh im not expecting to do well anyway

~amy~

I talk about the change in immigration patters to australia which effected the education system. ie. increase in non-government schools from mass migration = pressure on government = funding

jen23

i spoke about the social change away from christianity and how churches were moving to technology to become more modern and try and keep congregation members... hmm.. i dunno bout that but we'll see..

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
lol. what the... i was fully expectin the whole "response of one re trad to one of the following-Gambling, sexuality euthenasia etc

i wrote about the laxing of society on devorce(then used legal knowledge with the irretrievable breakdown reform) and the subsequent response of churches to relax a little on it.

hahaha, what a load eh. but i think it fits.

superbird

HSC
i know! looked this up in the textbook (Living Religion pg 290) . apparently u could've talked about either of these...
- Ministry in rural and outback Australia (if only i knew since i could've wrote heaps about this!)
- War and Depression (Conscription debate, The Great Depression). I focussed on the Great Depression and the creation of St Vincent de Paul etc
- Social and political issues/debate (Unemployment, Poverty, Sexuality, The role of women...)

So yeh the question was indeed very broad, which probably made it even more difficult heh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)