Social Science & History? (1 Viewer)

Ademir

HSC
Hey guys,

I was just wondering, by doing a social science degree, would I have any access to history subjects, on the same level as an Arts degree?

Also, on the whole, what is employability like with a social science degree? I've heard that Arts degrees are a bit vague in terms of career options, could the same be said for SS, or would it be a better option for someone with the following goals:

I'm interested in working in administration, communications, social policy, criminology, journalism etc

thank you very much!!!

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Ademir said:
I was just wondering, by doing a social science degree, would I have any access to history subjects, on the same level as an Arts degree?
Have a look here for the degree structure. It requires two majors, a social science one and another from anywhere in the Arts faculty. So yeah, you'd be able to do history as an Arts major, or just do units in it without majoring.

Ademir

HSC
thanks for that link, I found it very helpful :)

Has anyone done a Social science degree, and if so, what are your experiences looking for work and working?

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
hmm i'm quite interesting in this degree too, but is it possible to somehow integrate psychology into the course too? Am i allowed to take units from other areas? and would it be as substatial as an arts or science degree?

Commuter

HSC
Ademir:

Looking at the field you want to go into (policy development would form part of what you want to do I presume) then this course would be really good. It tells you how to research society, and how to achieve great and magnificent goals such as creating social policy that makes people happy. True.

Employability is good - the contacts you could make through your internship would be invaluable.

You should go for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)