Society and Culture:General Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

shimmy&shine

HSC
omg... what are you talking about?

It's starting in about 17 hours... then we will be in the exam hall doing the Society & Culture exam! We havent done it yet, or has it finished?

Sparcod, don't freak me out!! I'm still studying for it! :)

Why are you asking such a question!?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I'm asking in advance. This thread will be flooded with replies in around 14 or so hours.

Good luck Shimmy&shine. You are one of the last to finish.

I'm wondering why you're freaking yourself out here this early on exam "thoughts".

Ragetallica

HSC
was a pretty good exam.. i thought the essay questions were really good.. not too easy not too hard (i did belief systems and e+d) I guess the only thing i dont know whether i wrote the correct info was 4b) about strategies for change. but yeah happy its all over!

kelly_xxx

HSC
Finito!

it was a good and fair paper. Allowed room for elaborate and show understanding.

Im so relieved it's over.

shimmy&shine

HSC
I'm too sad to talk about it..'

but I'm starting to think, that inside i know i did well and the sadness is coming from the fact that I will miss school... i sound like a nerd.. yeah i want to party and go crazy in celebration... but i don't know.. omg I'm confused... and i sound like a wank

pardon moi

fon

HSC
shimmy&shine said:

but I'm starting to think, that inside i know i did well and the sadness is coming from the fact that I will miss school... i sound like a nerd.. yeah i want to party and go crazy in celebration... but i don't know.. omg I'm confused... and i sound like a wank

pardon moi
yer u r a wank. Sex sex sex for me

Nickstar

HSC
Ok so the first questions were okay the 2 main essays were pretty shit seeing as we studied like equality and difference in regards to other shit not damn legal, historical and political drivers or watever the hell it was lol... LoL but oh well.. and ummm the whole alienation and conflict thing just was gay.. okay enough said who cares its over.. SOCIETY SUCKS! hahaha Yay party!

nahian

HSC
Section 1 was fukn piss easy
Essays were harder then usual for hsc exam
Had many concepts to deal with that usually aren't considered
Ah well we'll see how we went when exams come

BTW
Does anyone know when the PIP awards will be announced?

the_essence

HSC
Piss easy exam, i cant believe we got the 4page booklets though! OMG i was lifting my hand for a new one every 10 mins!! haha

Pop culture was a bit more complicated than previous years, but that's about it!

Anywayz...three months to party like a mofo! Then i gotta make my mind up about UNSW/USYD

ahhhhh :) :) YAY!!!

miss_shady72

HSC
shimmy&shine said:

pardon moi
wow exactly my thoughts! i don't know about the exam, i normally do really well in society but im never very confident. though it should be fine :confused: i thought i would be absolutely ecstatic after this last exam cause its been so long, but now i'm actually sad because i too will miss school. :eek: what am i thinking?!
oh well, a few nasty surprises in the exam but overall...i guess it was ok...

RainbowBrite

HSC
It was okay. Not too hard, but had some tricky bits, like that "nature of traditional society and culture" = huh?

BUT it's all over and I couldn't give a rats arse.

WOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

I have nothing to do now :D :D :D

cassie88

HSC
Omg that test was FANTASTIC!

Luckily i was reading about the traditional nature of s&c in Iran or i would have been screwed :)

the essays were great it was a nice finish to that RETARDED hsc
:wave:​

shimmy&shine

HSC
I have no idea what to think.

Now that i think about it again, i don't think i did that well... although the ONLY thing that is reassuing me is that the lowest S&C HSC mark last year was 88, only two under band six overall. But i still feel like I've failed.

Section One: Part 1: Pretty alright, it was clear, and i think i answered it alright. I especially liked the Industrialisation question. All in all, good.

Section One: Part 2: I thought i could have been more explicit and clearer with the traditiona nature & society of my country, but now that i think back, i think i over generalised and wasn't careful with a few details. I feel like i have just yabbled on and that I haven't answered the question properly. I guess i studied around the social change theories too much. Also though that the second questio was ok, and I had all these things i wanted and needed to say, but when i was writing in the exam, did i write these things?... NO!!! :angry:

Section two: Both questions: just plain shitty.

finito... but i don't feel like celebrating. But I'm a over it now, especially reflecting like that.

the_essence

HSC
Shimmy&Shine, what do u mean when u say:
"...although the ONLY thing that is reassuing me is that the lowest S&C HSC mark last year was 88, only two under band six overall. But i still feel like I've failed."???
I cant comprehend... :(

fon

HSC
fcuk u guys r nerds.. Ive already made uni thru early entry so suck on my big dick

mysweetfracture

HSC
the_essence said:
Shimmy&Shine, what do u mean when u say:
"...although the ONLY thing that is reassuing me is that the lowest S&C HSC mark last year was 88, only two under band six overall. But i still feel like I've failed."???
I cant comprehend... :(
Yeah theres no way that every student last year got 88 or above. Thats absurd. Especially considering the median mark was like 72.

http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/2005-Table-A2.pdf

shimmy&shine

HSC
ooohhh.. sorry guys!

I meant all the girls at my school who sat for the S&C exam got over 88. i didn't mean the state. If that was the case, i'm sure everyone would be doing the course!!!

the hsc sucks

HSC
shimmy&shine said:
ooohhh.. sorry guys!

I meant all the girls at my school who sat for the S&C exam got over 88. i didn't mean the state. If that was the case, i'm sure everyone would be doing the course!!!
there mustn't have been many girls doing the course then. soc isnt exactly the easiest subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)