Software Developers View of the Hardware - Option Topic (1 Viewer)

ZzJasonzZ

The question was so easy.. i mean converting a number from binary to decimal then back to binary was a give away 4 marks.. and identifying the AND and NAND gates was easy too.. how did people "compare and contrast" them.. that threw me off a bit but overall the option was a giveaway 10-14 marks that i think evolution people could have done

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
yeh i was looking at it... wandering... it aint that different =p

i wonder how this will affect the scaling =(

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
Yeah the last Q.... it says Propose.... that means you make them up right? cos that's what I did haha

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
disco_dave said:
i had no idea on the last question about the printer stuff!! other than that the option was easy...
What the hell is a question about printers doing in a software exam.... In fact why is there hardware in there at all??? I guess if you are going on to write software, it is important that you know the inner workings of a printer..... wait that doesn't make sense!

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
Damn it... i forgot what a flip-flop did. Damn you flip-flop!!!

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
i still dont have any idea... it was a stupid question which i havent ever seen anything to do with in my text book! i think i stuffed up some of the other questions, didnt answer them great GRR

Rabz_17

I liked it. And i was soo happy when i saw there was no dividing of binaries. Thats my biggest weakness. But yeah, the option i did in the half yearly (we did option 2nd topic) was harder than that.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Rabz_17 said:
I liked it. And i was soo happy when i saw there was no dividing of binaries. Thats my biggest weakness. But yeah, the option i did in the half yearly (we did option 2nd topic) was harder than that.
do you know what the very last question, part C, was asking then??

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
Rabz_17 said:
Damn yeah there was no division or floating point.... I spent AGES cramming trying to understand that crap!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The control characters for printers are just the commands that tell it what to do eg. PRT "hello" (im just making it up) would print the word hello on the paper. Basically they instruct the printer what to do. Its in the syllabus

printer operation
– control characters for features,
including page throw, font change,
line spacing

As for the second part i took it as just making up you own commands to change font, text size, make text bold, use italics, indent text etc.

Stephagain

HSC
dritz2003 said:
What the hell is a question about printers doing in a software exam.... In fact why is there hardware in there at all??? I guess if you are going on to write software, it is important that you know the inner workings of a printer..... wait that doesn't make sense!
That exam like totally assraped me!!! Speshly the option topic! I didnt even write anything for the printer question..i mean what WAs that???
Oh and btw, I Gotta say whoever you are dritz that your pic is mad...im in love with trent

Stephagain

HSC
disco_dave said:
is trent that mad sleezz game or flash video, which ever it is???
Ha ha ha no trent is janes older brother from "Daria" which is like the best show ever...btw disco dave where did u get that pic of the fat kid dancing? I piss myself laughing every time i c a post by u lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)