Software Needed for Business Subjects at UTS (1 Viewer)

atm1991

HSC
Hey, just a quick question regarding the software we require. I have a MacBook Pro with iWork 09. Given however that several subject outlines have referred to Excel, I am wondering if I will need to purchase Office 2008 for Mac in addition to iWork 09 for spreadsheet work?

Thanks!

Aeriff

HSC
OpenOffice is free, saves buying Office. You could even look into Google Docs which is also free.

atm1991

HSC
OpenOffice is free, saves buying Office. You could even look into Google Docs which is also free.
Sorry if I wasn't clear in what I meant. I have iWork 09 for Mac, which has a word, powerpoint and excel equivalent. What I meat was if a lecture or tute was giving instructions on how to perform some task specifically in Microsoft Excel, should I get that specifc program so I'm basically not having to figure out how to perform the same function in the iWork or Open Office equivalent program.

Aeriff

HSC
OpenOffice should be pretty close. Unsure about iWork, never really used it tbh. I have Office on my Mac but it's not all that great, gets the job done I guess. Only way to find out is to test each option.

PS. Dream Theater ftw

atm1991

HSC
OpenOffice should be pretty close. Unsure about iWork, never really used it tbh. I have Office on my Mac but it's not all that great, gets the job done I guess. Only way to find out is to test each option.

PS. Dream Theater ftw
Ahk man well I might wait til I get my offer officially than call them and ask.

PS: How good are they haha? I left a message on your profile!

krayzie_

HSC
Chill out.

I've been doing business for awhile now and I haven't touched excel, the only exception would be Fundamentals of Bus Fianance where I touched it once to do the assignment and that was just plugging numbers in.

Worse comes to worse just use the uni comps, no need to go buy it. Or even torrent it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)