• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Solutions to the 2007 HSC exam (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Hmm, dunno if it's just my 2 years at uni coming through but it seems to be getting easier by the year. Well, maybe not that much easier than last year's. Question 8 had some very easy marks, which is disappointing really...

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Looking at this year's and last year's exam as well as the new syllabus about to be put into place in the near future, it looks like Extension 2 Maths is getting dumbed down....

HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
Looking at this year's and last year's exam as well as the new syllabus about to be put into place in the near future, it looks like Extension 2 Maths is getting dumbed down....
Good teachers will not allow the amateurs at the Board of Studies to tell them what to teach.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
the mansw solutions committee will be on december 1 (same day as the 2007 putnam!)

if you want to go on the committee and/or make a submission, fill out and send the attached form.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
what do you guys think of neville weber?

how about rod yager?

whose papers do you think are better?

answer this in the context of a decree by gordon stanley that within the lifetime of a syllabus, exams from year to year should be of a similar level of difficulty.

vafa

HSC
N/A
Only teachers who have PHD in mathematics should be teaching the 4 unit course.

that is what Rod Yager said to me when I asked what he thinks about the level of 4 unit in NSW.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
PhD? bloody hell :p

Surely an undergrad major in maths is sufficient (or perhaps honours). I think there's a big problem in that a lot of the maths teachers out there haven't actually studied any mathematics at a university level and so suffer the same naivety as high school students with regard to fundamental concepts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)