Soo Close (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
well i guess the wait is nearly over....for some of us at least...what are your thoughts on the trail examination...and how are preparing for the final weeks before the School cert.

I am putting in about 5-6 hours of study per day if not more.

Laterz

Zahid

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by zahid
Ok the SC means nothing, a fair few people dont even put in 5-6hrs a day for the HSC so if your'e that dedicated to the SC you better get a really high mark in your HSC.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
what is there to study though? or has it all changed? when i did it, it was based on general type stuff, no particular maths topics. so even if i wanted to study, i wouldnt have been able to find enough stuff for 6hours/day.

Kulazzi

HSC
I'm just doing past papers and yes maths is general but for the upcoming maths assessment exam (which goes for 2 days) I have to memorise so many formulaes.....but the SC shouldn't be that hard......I hope :( :D

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
You seriously do NOT need to study for the SC. I think I studied by playing LAN or going out everyday the whole week before the exam, and I still got all band 6.

If you really want to study efficiently, go buy/borrow some Preliminary or HSC texts and start going through that instead studying for SC. It will do you jeaps of good academically in the next 2 years.

Seriously, Dude, 6 hours a day for the SC is a huge fucking waste of time.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
dam am i just wastin my time.....lolz...aight ill take your advice and stop studyin as much.

Zahid

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
hahaha 5-6hrs for sc woahh

for maths i did no study
for english i did no study
for science i did a tiny bit of study

sinceu guys got nothign else to do mite as well concentrate on it... bu realli it means sh*t... so yeh... lol

_BaadShah_

HSC
Dayem 5-6hrs...I can't even do that for any exams i have had and no way i am going to do it for SC.

Trail SC i only studied for 3days and went alright in it..

But SC, i'll probly study 1-2hrs a day from next week..There isn't a lot to study for SC. Basicly 1/2 or 3/4 of SC is General Knowledge.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
well i guess the wait is nearly over....for some of us at least...what are your thoughts on the trail examination...and how are preparing for the final weeks before the School cert.

Laterz

Zahid

fuck. not even HSC studnet get that much study in a day..
i dont even bloody get to sleeep for 6 hours...

dezzy

HSC
yea..lol...i look back on the Sc and i realise wat a bloddy waste of stress and energy worrying about it...it was so damn easy but all the teachers make it seem like its this big thing that can determine our futures!
dont worry about it...its alll good!

HSC
it better be...i'm only doing heavy study for science. history trials was too easy(hope it still is in the real 1s), geography-i don't really care and english and maths were just skills depending on time management while answering certain questions.

Last edited:

Jaymz_Hetfield

School certificate is piss easy. I did no work all year in yr 10 and got 90 for maths, 93 for english and 88 for science on school certificate. Dont worry about it at all.
Plus I am 16 and doing HSC next week, hahahaha

Kulazzi

HSC
But sometimes it really depends on how smart you are, like if you are dumb (no offence to anyone out there) and all these people are giving the year 10's advice on not to study b/c its easy, then they'll, most probably, get a low mark. Even tho its not that important some people would still want to get a good mark (like me :D) but it counts to just how smart you can really be.

praise897

Alcoholic
HSC

Laterz

Zahid
oh my....
i cant believe that... 5-6 hours...for skool certificate...
it means nothing...i feel sorry for you that no one has told you this before...and uve wasted all that time..
unlucky

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Enough about the six hour study sessions :p. That's insanity. Like seriously it is all good in theory, but there is life after school (hours)....and you can have the whole yidda about schoool getting you there, but it's like going on holiday with ppl you don't like...beautiful scenery but what's the point if you dont have anyone to share it with???eh eh

though on the other hand...perhaps school is like your passion, much healthier then smoking or just generally bumming your way around. Then again...you know what they say ;), if you dont get the right amount of sleep you die prematurely!

HSC
SIX HOURS???? man that's alot! alot of peeps in yr 10 at my school didn't even bothered to put in 3 hrs. 4 hrs have been my max no. of study sessions so far. i don't think you'll be able to get enough of sleep if you study that much unless it's in the weekend.

:kaz.n:

HSC

Laterz

Zahid
OMG man...i dunno how to study for it...let alone 5 hours!

the max ive done b4 is 2-2.5 hrs. wow man ur dedicated!

i cant workout what to study coz for my science trials i summarized my whole science book!! and it had pretty much nuffin to do with it....

im worried altho i kno i shouldnt be, like even tho this exam means nuffin...u still wanna do ur best in it...or thats what i feel anywayz

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by :kaz.n:
i cant workout what to study
Well for the SC you have that often neglicated subject called sleep, of course you could always get more practice in a social life. Now repeat after me: I will not study for the School Certificate.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
nah, of course you have to study. though there are boundaries. I say go over what you have learnt, look at previous tests so you have an idea of what sort of answers you're required to give and GO FOR IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)