Speech (1 Viewer)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
So i have to write a speech on two of the speeches in this module (i know lol, speech of a speech)
We have to do Noel Pearson and another one of your choice, and so i decided to pick the Redfern speech, since i can see how it links very closely to Noel Pearsons.

Can someone give me some synthesis ideas between the two? I thought of using the fact that both speeches kind of criticise and evaluate the need for reconciliation between Non-Indigenous and Indigenous people. But i find this kind of weak.

Any suggestions are much appreciated Plz help me strawberrye

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol I like how you write my name in small letters
Check out my guide and read through it-you might get more ideas on what you can link the two speeches on (sometimes though, if you are doing two speeches, doing it on exactly similar topics may NOT be the best idea-because you are limiting the ideas you can talk about unless you are very articulate in your manipulation of words to make the ideas distinct-consider another speech such as say Margaret Atwood or even Sadat's speech)-if you are comfortable with the ideas explored in those speeches of course.

http://community.boredofstudies.org...-speeches-2015-2020-99-atar-hsc-graduate.html

Secondly, make sure you engage audience with sufficient rhetoric techniques and perhaps have an anecdote to engage audience in introduction. Be sure to check out the guide I have written on oral presentations in the English forum for some help in maximising your marks in your speech.

Last edited:

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Thanks guys, i did my speech on monday. I defs got the rhetoric bit down, got everyone pree engaged.
Just wondering, what do you guys think would be the best pair for HSC? I personally want to do sadat and maybe keating..?

Shuuya

HSC
Thanks guys, i did my speech on monday. I defs got the rhetoric bit down, got everyone pree engaged.
Just wondering, what do you guys think would be the best pair for HSC? I personally want to do sadat and maybe keating..?
I did Sadat and Keating for both Half Yearlies and Trials, probably going to do them for HSC if they don't specify

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
There's no best pair because it depends on the question, and they can specify a question so you are better off thinking best PAIRS rather than one pair

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I did Sadat and Keating for both Half Yearlies and Trials, probably going to do them for HSC if they don't specify
Noice, i'll consider it
There's no best pair because it depends on the question, and they can specify a question so you are better off thinking best PAIRS rather than one pair
hmmm, that probably makes writing generic essays a pain....
How often do they specify for a particular speech? Like i know last year was pretty "generic" in that there wasn't a specified prescribed

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Noice, i'll consider it

hmmm, that probably makes writing generic essays a pain....
How often do they specify for a particular speech? Like i know last year was pretty "generic" in that there wasn't a specified prescribed
Trying to guess frequency is as successful as wondering how long a string can be or winning the lottery-It is best to just prepare if they do specify a speech-simply because they can and it is counterproductive for students to understand two speeches if they have actually prescribed 6/7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)