St Mary's Senior High School (smshs) (1 Viewer)

testificate

HSC
Hi there, hoping I've posted this in the right section (kind of a newbie here).

Anyways, I am a current Year 11 student going to school in Parra. Some instances have come up, however, where I may or may not be required to move schools despite it being near halfway of the school year. I was wondering if it's worth it (or even possible tbh) to apply to St Mary's Senior High School. I do not live within their designated school zone so I would be a non-local enrollment, which I figure makes this harder to do. At the very least I would be looking for 2021 Yr 12 Enrollment, but would they be able to enrol me in their year 11 cohort before then??? I am aware of the current circumstances with the pandemic so I am not too hopeful, nor do I think it would actually be allowed in a regular case but I figured why not shoot my shot while I'm at it.

testificate

HSC
Is it really worth moving schools just for Year 12?
I mean in all honesty I'd rather not move but there's been some issues which have come up (I won't get into too much detail but regarding school fees) and so it might be an unavoidable circumstance. The end result may not even be that I enrol into smshs specifically but I have some friends/acquaintances attending who can vouch for a few good qualities about the school and it's technically closer to me than my current school which is why I'm keeping it in mind.

TheShy

HSC
im pre they allow you to enroll mid way through the year, but im not sure if that passed

vivillon

HSC
I don't think it's possible to enrol this late into the year. The last time new people enrolled was when other people gave up their spots after attending for a while. I'm pretty sure that happened around mid of term 1. I'm not completely sure if I'm right so I think it's best to call them. If you're in a situation where it's crucial to move, I think they may consider it but other than that, I'm not completely sure. I do know that it's pretty hard to adjust to a new school for year 12 but I've seen people do it and succeed. However, you need to be realllyyy driven because you'll fall behind pretty fast at smshs if not. If you do move in year 12, I'd be happy to meet you! Please feel free to PM if you are attending next year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)