st marys senior hs personal profile - pls help :') (1 Viewer)

rubz07

HSC
hii, does anyone have any advice for the personal profile for the interest of enrolment form for St Mary's Senior Highschool or what I can write in the personal profile? also does any past student have their personal profile :'), I'm kind of struggling to start writing mine and am need of a sample. Also if anyone has been to St Mary's senior, how was it?? is it worth moving it?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The suggestions provided in the Expression of Interest form include some good aspects that you could address, such as:
  • Your previous schooling - for example, any past academic and non-academic achievements.
  • Your goals for year 11 and year 12, for example, whether you have any interest in participating in school life, including sports, arts and leadership.
  • Your goals beyond year 12 - for example, your future career/tertiary study plans. You mentioned that you intend to study medicine in your other thread for instance.
While I would have been happy to provide you with my own personal profile, I no longer have it unfortunately. However, I can recall discussing the above-mentioned points when I applied.

I attended SMSHS from 2018-2019. As a school that caters only to year 11 and year 12 students, it fosters a young adult independent learning environment that is similar to university to an extent and is the reason that the school considers commitment to learning to be an important student characteristic. Based on this, students address teachers by their first name. As you may also be already aware, students are not required to wear the school uniform except when instructed by the school, meaning that they can wear whatever they wish, provided it matches the school's dress code, which consists of the following colours:
  • Black
  • White
  • Green
  • Grey
  • Yellow
I also visited the school on the open evening with my sister (who is interested in attending the school) not long ago. The school has, for the most part, remained as I remember it, with the exception of the cafeteria, which looked a lot nicer.

If you believe that you can demonstrate a positive attitude and be committed to learning throughout year 11 and year 12 (which are aspects that are prioritised by the school when considering applicants), SMSHS might be worth it. Another thing to note is that it is not necessary to have achieved high marks in your previous schooling (although from a practical perspective, favourable past results can support your application), but you should try to show that you have the commitment to learning and study habits required that will enable you to take advantage of the opportunities that the school offers.

I hope this helps! 😄

rubz07

HSC
The suggestions provided in the Expression of Interest form include some good aspects that you could address, such as:
  • Your previous schooling - for example, any past academic and non-academic achievements.
  • Your goals for year 11 and year 12, for example, whether you have any interest in participating in school life, including sports, arts and leadership.
  • Your goals beyond year 12 - for example, your future career/tertiary study plans. You mentioned that you intend to study medicine in your other thread for instance.
While I would have been happy to provide you with my own personal profile, I no longer have it unfortunately. However, I can recall discussing the above-mentioned points when I applied.

I attended SMSHS from 2018-2019. As a school that caters only to year 11 and year 12 students, it fosters a young adult independent learning environment that is similar to university to an extent and is the reason that the school considers commitment to learning to be an important student characteristic. Based on this, students address teachers by their first name. As you may also be already aware, students are not required to wear the school uniform except when instructed by the school, meaning that they can wear whatever they wish, provided it matches the school's dress code, which consists of the following colours:
  • Black
  • White
  • Green
  • Grey
  • Yellow
I also visited the school on the open evening with my sister (who is interested in attending the school) not long ago. The school has, for the most part, remained as I remember it, with the exception of the cafeteria, which looked a lot nicer.

If you believe that you can demonstrate a positive attitude and be committed to learning throughout year 11 and year 12 (which are aspects that are prioritised by the school when considering applicants), SMSHS might be worth it. Another thing to note is that it is not necessary to have achieved high marks in your previous schooling (although from a practical perspective, favourable past results can support your application), but you should try to show that you have the commitment to learning and study habits required that will enable you to take advantage of the opportunities that the school offers.

I hope this helps! 😄

thank you so much for the help!!

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
hii, does anyone have any advice for the personal profile for the interest of enrolment form for St Mary's Senior Highschool or what I can write in the personal profile? also does any past student have their personal profile :'), I'm kind of struggling to start writing mine and am need of a sample. Also if anyone has been to St Mary's senior, how was it?? is it worth moving it?
With your profile, jimmy has already explained it pretty well in terms of you should really show how much you want to be in this school by delivering your interests, aspirations and your decision for coming to this school.

But overall, yes, st marys is a bloody amazing school. You get great support from teachers and was honestly a huge upgrade from my previous school. The school is just a vibe in short. You could PM me if you want to see my profile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)