standard english (1 Viewer)

gl

HSC
i belive the band percentiles say that no-one got band 6 in standard english...

mmhmm

Originally posted by king a the boin
i got 79 which was a band 4, i think that must have been close. i was hopin for band 5, but o well:(
yeh i got 79 aswell.

Yellow

i got 82. i know some other people who got an 83 and another with an 89! :eek:

mmhmm

Originally posted by Yellow
i got 82. i know some other people who got an 83 and another with an 89! :eek:
did ur friend who got 89 cum 1st in the state??? cuz it sounds as if this year like last yr was impossible to get band 6 therefore they would have had to have topped it, surely top 5 in state.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i know of two people who did standard but they only got 78 and 79 ...

mmhmm

knowing that 1.1% got into band 5 makes me sooooo annoyed cuz i missed out by 1 mark.....damn!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
syd 17 you can find the state percentages on the bored of studies website for some subjects

timmii

sporadic attendee
the topping a subject list is up...and theres no standard english on it. So if no1 got band 6, whoever got 89 must've been pretty much the best.

Anton

HSC
I think I'm not getting something here.
Standard English is presumably easier than Advanced English, because it's for people who aren't as good at English (the subject, not the language)? So...why can't anyone get in band 6? That really makes no sense.
Plus, I think any subject in which no one gets a band 6 is an inherently flawed subject.

Anton

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
as you said anton ... because standard students arent as good as english therefore they reach the standards set out by the board of studies ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
well within the top 1% of the state in standard ...

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Anton
I think I'm not getting something here.
Standard English is presumably easier than Advanced English, because it's for people who aren't as good at English (the subject, not the language)? So...why can't anyone get in band 6? That really makes no sense.
Plus, I think any subject in which no one gets a band 6 is an inherently flawed subject.

Anton
cause paper 1 is marked for both standard and advanced students so therefore generally advanced students perform better there and that make up for 40% of you english mark. Thats a pretty big chunk of your overall mark.
e.g. for the trials, out of 45, advanced english students at my school where getting 25-45 generally, while ALOT of standard people where lucky if they were getting 7/45!!!! the average to the top marks were from 13 - to around 19.
Its sorta like general maths, the people doing it, are only doing it because they have to and generally the canditure is a lot lower.

Anton

HSC
Nice. My sources tell me that they don't award Band 6s in Standard English. That makes sense now.

Anton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)