Staples! (1 Viewer)

militiaman

HSC
Did everyone elses tests have staples in them so you had to pull them out? Ours were like this, and every time the supervisor was like "Ok, paper check, pull your staples out, do you have the orange pa..." then we're all like "Wait!" because it takes 5 minutes to pull the damn things out.

My technique was risky because I used the inside of my nail to pry the sides up. Try too hard and it pierces that soft skin. I learnt to push down on the paper around it with the bottoms upright against the desk to remove it.

Random topics FTW!

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Same here except we didn't pull the staples out until after we went through.

Seriously, AHGCC is in 11 sections with 3 staples. That's crazy.

militiaman

HSC
Yeah, everyone was like 'noooo!'.

Surely there must be some better way to organise the tests. Think of our little fingers!

ajdlinux

HSC
Surely there's some sort of paper binding trick they could use that would allow us to separate sections easily, or even better not have to separate at all except for formulae and the like, and yet still allow their machinery and computers etc. to separate it all down in Sydney?

ajdlinux

HSC
You can, but that's not very neat :)

I can't believe I'm saying this as I am an anti-neatfreak and it wasn't up until now that I started pulling staples out.

ajdlinux

HSC
Yeah, I was in the first row as I have a student number which is like 4mil lower than everyone else in the room, so if anyone has to be concerned about annoying the supervisor, it's me...

militiaman

HSC
I thought if you just pulled it it would rip...?

Especially for those fragile, single-page History and Geography ones.

Ppen

HSC
yeh i pricked my self once, right under the nail.
my friend nearly tore the whole corner off

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Mine ripped towards the centre! My English and Science was just 2 little staple holes. My Geography or History was destroyed xD It was the one sheet papers. Why couldn't they just put it in one book?

ajdlinux

HSC
ahhliss said:
Do you get your student number when you do your School Certificate? Mine's only 1 mil lower. Mine starts with 19, but everyone else starts with 20...
Anyway during English and Science, I was neat at removing the staples but in Civics, I just gave up. I saw 3 staples so I was like nup I give up. I ended up getting a 2cm rip in my Geography paper :(
You get your number when your school first enters you into Schools Online to enrol in a School Certificate course. I'm severely accelerated, so I got mine when I was like 9 or something.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
ajdlinux said:
You get your number when your school first enters you into Schools Online to enrol in a School Certificate course. I'm severely accelerated, so I got mine when I was like 9 or something.
Woah! That explains the 4mil! How did you accelerate so much? For Maths, we did all the work, but a bit quicker so we could do our School Certificate a year early.

stoj19

HSC
hahah those staples pissed me off....in the end I ripped them in history and geo cause it kept going into my reading time....

and ajdlinx wwhat the heck is with your acceleration....explain....I'm doing buso accelerated thats all

iilinga

HSC
ack the staples . . .i ended up nearly tearing the corners off

ajdlinux

HSC
ahhliss said:
Woah! That explains the 4mil! How did you accelerate so much? For Maths, we did all the work, but a bit quicker so we could do our School Certificate a year early.
If you want to accelerate so much you 1) get a good (i.e. not WISC III) IQ test done 2) ask your school nicely ;)

Of course this is off topic :D

Scotty101

HSC
Hahaa, i cut myself with the staples in maths this morning.. it got underneath my nail n cos the exam is soooo fat it wouldnt lift up n cut into my skin

F-O-B

HSC
Suppose we wrote in someone elses number...what would they do?
OR beftter yet. you swap numbers with someone...ie got like the smartest kid..and paid him out. etc. :)

They'd have no idea of knowing right???

Its a bit late now..but still!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)