Stargate Atlantis (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
Im not sure whether to put this in Movies or Tv series , but anyway so far it sux bad , realllly bad !

SpaceMonkey

Frak!
HSC
Dude! I already beat you to making a thread.

Anyway, it did not suck at all. The 'Wraith' are a very interesting enemy and the show feels much more like a sci-fi compared to SG1. You can't judge it right now, since they are still developing characters and plot etc.

I have faith in this spin-off.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i dont get the premise of this spinoff though

i thought the star gate could go to different galaxies already?

but this one can go further??

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
yeh umm is it a new series?? i just saw the first episode yesterday
is it meant to be a ripoff of sg1?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
This show is very good.

There is alot of character developement still to come (trust me I've seen the whole first series, 20 epps).

It is a TV series they just choose to show the first two epps back to back to promote it.

It is definately not more of the same (as it has been accussed of being, eg same old stargate stuff), my advice even if you don't like the first couple of episodes stick with it, it's damn good.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
before i say what i am about to, let me just say that Im not attacking you personally addymac, but everyone in general.

lol, man people who have seen shows before they air make me laugh. They have a certain power aura around them, that they are special in some way, they're better than us everyday joes.

you have adsl? you download tv? get over yourselves.

v sia

HSC
Krangelus said:
before i say what i am about to, let me just say that Im not attacking you personally addymac, but everyone in general.

lol, man people who have seen shows before they air make me laugh. They have a certain power aura around them, that they are special in some way, they're better than us everyday joes.

you have adsl? you download tv? get over yourselves.

... ??? they dont feel special , well actuallly they should cause they are 10 weeks ahead of us . Anyway dont be angry at em , they are just excited you know , im sure u'd do the same if you have adsl or >

Boo_

HSC
OMG!!! i loved it, seriously, the stargate on atlantis looked realli technologically advaced compared to the ones on every other place in the original series...just one thing, where does the gate in orbit around the planet get its power from

Ghost1788

HSC
srry i missed the first half of it how did the ppl with dr weir get to that other galaxy and where is SG-1

i like all the effects but a few things bother me

no prometheus

the ancient space ship thing needs some work....it looks like a cardboard box with some metal around it.

wheres thor that little dude was cool.....

oh and ps although the spaceship looks like a cardboard box I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Ninga

HSC
I thought Stargate Atlantis was pretty cool. Yeah, I've got adsl, i download tv, i've got a power aura. But i still sat through the episode last nite, only because i was sick, and still enjoyed it. They got to the other galaxy through the stargate. Duh. Dr Jackson worked out that it was a 8 symbol address, so was in a different galaxy or something. Being in a different galaxy, they needed an alternate/extra power source to get there, and used the ZPM they retrieved at the end of season 7 of Stargate. SG-1 is back on Earth.

Thor's in the same galaxy as Earth. Prometheus is still in Earth.

If you watched stargate on channel 7, and watched the last 2 episodes of season 8, you'll see some striking similarities between the "puddle jumper" and the ship they used to travel back in time. Cool stuff i thought.

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
Ninga said:
I thought Stargate Atlantis was pretty cool. Yeah, I've got adsl, i download tv, i've got a power aura. But i still sat through the episode last nite, only because i was sick, and still enjoyed it. They got to the other galaxy through the stargate. Duh. Dr Jackson worked out that it was a 8 symbol address, so was in a different galaxy or something. Being in a different galaxy, they needed an alternate/extra power source to get there, and used the ZPM they retrieved at the end of season 7 of Stargate. SG-1 is back on Earth.

Thor's in the same galaxy as Earth. Prometheus is still in Earth.

If you watched stargate on channel 7, and watched the last 2 episodes of season 8, you'll see some striking similarities between the "puddle jumper" and the ship they used to travel back in time. Cool stuff i thought.
ppstpay, udeday, ixnay onay hetay iracpay! p

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I loved it. However, it was a bit predictable. Am I the only one that, when watching the first meeting of the colenel and the main dude (in the sg room on earth) thought "The colenel is going to die and that dude will get promoted" ?

Oh and I bet theres about 100 episdoes where one of the main characters could die, but doesnt.

Even with the weak plots, SG is great.

Ghost1788

HSC
On what i have seen i prefer SG-1 it would have been better is they showed some sort of link between the last season and this new one assuming i didnt miss much at the start.

PS CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED IN THE START UNTIL THEY FIRST FOUND THE PUDDLEJUMPERS.I MISSED IT UP TILL THAT

SAVING SPACE v sia i would agree but the battlestar galactica series is very short so kinda pts me off and its predicatable but then so is SG but i like how SG has stargates and puddlejumpers not gateships that read the mind of the pilot that is mad

Last edited:

Frob

HSC
my GOD as I am writing this Stargate SG1 (prometheus unbound) should be three quarters of the way through by now, but INSTEAD Seven is showing the Amazing Race STILL. So far it is THIRTY FIVE MINUTES LATE.

This is lunacy. I have exams tomorrow and this was my study break. I fricking hate Seven.

/had to vent

Boo_

HSC
Frob said:
my GOD as I am writing this Stargate SG1 (prometheus unbound) should be three quarters of the way through by now, but INSTEAD Seven is showing the Amazing Race STILL. So far it is THIRTY FIVE MINUTES LATE.

This is lunacy. I have exams tomorrow and this was my study break. I fricking hate Seven.

/had to vent
LOL!!! just let it all out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)